Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing an abs pump. Mine just started making some noise after a bad storm. I came across a pump on from an 03 cobra. It says cobra on it instead of gt w traction control.

Is there any difference? And does anybody know if it will work on my gt?

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or if someone who has deleted their abs to save weight let me know if you want to sell your stock pump with TC.

·
Registered
927 Posts
might be something different with the rear abs since the reluctor rings are different from sra to independent rear suspension.

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm. I didnt think about that. So do the guys who irs swap get an abs light?

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
I have a brand new pump for sale. PM me.

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How so?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
it will go strait in. the abs ring doesnt effect how the abs pump works. the only thing i am not 100% sure about is the difference of their internal functions. what i have heard from local guys is that their cobra abs units work different and a lot better than their GT's. that may be because of the brake diameter differences, or may just function just hair different.

i just done an abs delete on mine, i think mine is still layin around here at the shop somewhere if you want it.

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it will go strait in. the abs ring doesnt effect how the abs pump works. the only thing i am not 100% sure about is the difference of their internal functions. what i have heard from local guys is that their cobra abs units work different and a lot better than their GT's. that may be because of the brake diameter differences, or may just function just hair different.

i just done an abs delete on mine, i think mine is still layin around here at the shop somewhere if you want it.
Thanks for the info. I have a feeling it has more to do with the sensitivity of the abs due to the larger front brake diameter. But who knows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts