Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all been a long time since I posted.

Got my 2v into the 8.30's in the 1/8 I have sovled my traction issues.
My question is with CAI,65mm TB,UD pullies, X no cats, 4.10 gears. would a tuner do anything as far as times go for a 5 spd. Im going to grab some skinnies this spring to lighten it (droppng the heavy 18's S wheels). hoping to gain at least a tenth there.

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
A tuner really won't help. Getting it dynotuned will.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I kinda thought that but didnt really know. I will probably go up to Anderson Ford and see what they will charge me. Thanks
A good tune is going to cost you some bucks. It's not something I would skimp out on either, A bad tune could blow a stock motor, let alone something that has some money in it. Research and try to find the best tuner in your area. You will regret it otherwise.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
A good tune is going to cost you some bucks. It's not something I would skimp out on either, A bad tune could blow a stock motor, let alone something that has some money in it. Research and try to find the best tuner in your area. You will regret it otherwise.
Anderson Ford is really good.... Lol.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Hey all been a long time since I posted.

Got my 2v into the 8.30's in the 1/8 I have sovled my traction issues.
My question is with CAI,65mm TB,UD pullies, X no cats, 4.10 gears. would a tuner do anything as far as times go for a 5 spd. Im going to grab some skinnies this spring to lighten it (droppng the heavy 18's S wheels). hoping to gain at least a tenth there.
My transmission builder said he gained 2 tenths going from street wheels to Skinnies. He had traction both times so the Skinnies were the only change.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My transmission builder said he gained 2 tenths going from street wheels to Skinnies. He had traction both times so the Skinnies were the only change.

Sent from my galaxy s II
Sweet 2 tenths would be nice. My goal now since traction issues are gone would be an 8.00 or close pass this spring

·
Registered
104 Posts
Back when i had my 03 gt i went to the track i ran the car before the tune and the. Cooled it down and installed the tune and ran the car. Yes i saw a difference but don't recall how et i dropped but it did help. This was back in 04. If i find the slips i will post them but Im not going to hold my breath. I've moved several times since those nights.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back when i had my 03 gt i went to the track i ran the car before the tune and the. Cooled it down and installed the tune and ran the car. Yes i saw a difference but don't recall how et i dropped but it did help. This was back in 04. If i find the slips i will post them but Im not going to hold my breath. I've moved several times since those nights.
Yeah if you can find them that would be cool. Im guessing ur tune was a can tune right? Hey if its possible to get some performance out of an sct tuner I might just buy 1 just to experiment and log down my findings and post it for others. for $379.00 not that big of an investment really

·
Registered
104 Posts
Im not having any luck. I do remember how nice it was on the idle after installing the tuner. I asked my friend if he got it on the video camara but he's at the fire station for a few days. Yes it vas also a canned tune. This was before the bama tunes. If it helps with my few mods and then added a tune i beat a 03 mach 1 with exhaust.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not having any luck. I do remember how nice it was on the idle after installing the tuner. I asked my friend if he got it on the video camara but he's at the fire station for a few days. Yes it vas also a canned tune. This was before the bama tunes. If it helps with my few mods and then added a tune i beat a 03 mach 1 with exhaust.
well considering the mach1 had 45 extra ponies stock than a G/T i would say that was an improvement barring any traction or driver (or lack there of) errors. Buddies is a firefighter huh. Me too. what department?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
you most def will see a difference with a tune. even a canned tune or an email tune will net you better et's than the stock ultraconservative tune

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Not trying to thread jack but u think an sct canned tune or just messing around with an sct will get u some nice gains? I mean u can pick a used one up for $200.... Been debating

Sent from my SGH-T759 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you most def will see a difference with a tune. even a canned tune or an email tune will net you better et's than the stock ultraconservative tune
Cool, thanks I had a grand build planned for this winter but had some setbacks (other bills ect) so im on a budget this year :( I was wanting a 7-7.5 sec car. So my goal is an 8 sec car at or around $2000.00 with no nitrous.
$1,500 of that is wheels and tires.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not trying to thread jack but u think an sct canned tune or just messing around with an sct will get u some nice gains? I mean u can pick a used one up for $200.... Been debating

if u got an auto u bet. had 1 on my wifes 07 with cai and gears woke it up. she was running 8.70 with traction issues on a bad track

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts

I personally would go for it.

Cool, thanks I had a grand build planned for this winter but had some setbacks (other bills ect) so im on a budget this year :( I was wanting a 7-7.5 sec car. So my goal is an 8 sec car at or around $2000.00 with no nitrous.
$1,500 of that is wheels and tires.
My car now is running 7.8s and thats on an email tune.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
F8L GT could u give me some of ur weight reduction tips? other than seats and new k members im not sure what else I can take out or replace.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
my k member and front suspension is still stock besides the struts. The bumper supports behind the bumper covers shed a lot of weight, along with all the speakers, the amps and the rear speaker box. how indepth do you want to get?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my k member and front suspension is still stock besides the struts. The bumper supports behind the bumper covers shed a lot of weight, along with all the speakers, the amps and the rear speaker box. how indepth do you want to get?
Well I want to keep it streetable. I never listen to the radio so I can remove all of that. The exhaust is my tunes:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts