gt catback fit my car?
i'm just wondering because the v6 sections kinda slow tonight
so if anyone knows help please!! :lol
please don't move this till someone answers lol

thanks in advance

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
No need for it to be moved, its an 05+ tech question. Doesnt have to be v8. And yes it will, you would need a GT rear bumper, and a new midpipe. You have a Y pipe now. You could get an exhaust shop to weld something up for you.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
ok simple solutions for you V6er.

you do not need a GT bumper. you can simply take the car to a body shop and have them cut a small circle opening in the bumper on the left side, just like the other side.

have a exhaust shop, cut the Y-pipe and weld and H on there.

order the driver side GT exhaust pipe from Ford, I think its $80. and 2 exhaust hangers. $40

then pick your axle back of choice and your good to go! you'll save a lot of money on that trying to get a new bumper and buying a H pipe.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
ok simple solutions for you V6er.

you do not need a GT bumper. you can simply take the car to a body shop and have them cut a small circle opening in the bumper on the left side, just like the other side.

have a exhaust shop, cut the Y-pipe and weld and H on there.

order the driver side GT exhaust pipe from Ford, I think its $80. and 2 exhaust hangers. $40

then pick your axle back of choice and your good to go! you'll save a lot of money on that trying to get a new bumper and buying a H pipe.
wouldn't it just be better if he ordered an o/r h-pipe and pypes mid-muffler catback? Thats all the piping he needs, plus he doesn't have to pay for labor.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gt catbacks are cheaper :D
and let me have my duals sooner
also i'm going with a gt bumper it looks cheap if you cut out the other side
and it still wont look as good as a gt bumper
thanks guys

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Or you could be a faggot like a guy, who lives near me. This guy has a V6, but is ashamed of not owning a GT, so he cut a second exhaust port on his bumper, badged his V6 a GT, and put aftermarket dual exhaust on it, and it sounds like ****. Oh and by the way he brags about his "GT' all over the place. So my buddy, who has a termi, tells me about him, and of course I walked over acted like I am jealous of Mustang GTs and asked him to pop the hood. Whammy V6 motor.

Sorry, anyways why do you want to put a stock GT exhaust on it?

One of my roommates has a Torch red 05 V6 (the other has a black 06 GT), with aftermarket single exhaust and it sounds awesome. I will have to ask him what brand for you.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Or you could be a faggot like a guy, who lives near me. This guy has a V6, but is ashamed of not owning a GT, so he cut a second exhaust port on his bumper, badged his V6 a GT, and put aftermarket dual exhaust on it, and it sounds like ****. Oh and by the way he brags about his "GT' all over the place. So my buddy, who has a termi, tells me about him, and of course I walked over acted like I am jealous of Mustang GTs and asked him to pop the hood. Whammy V6 motor.

One of my roommates has a Torch red 05 V6 (the other has a black 06 GT), with aftermarket single exhaust and it sounds awesome. I will have to ask him what brand for you.
thanks man
and i learned tonight that all ya'll really do on a gt is just swap the mufflers so looks like im looking at a whole set up which joeice reccomended this which i like a lot
V6 Magnaflow Soundclip
so im looking at that now
and does anyone have a link to that bumper?
i can get a stock gt bumper for like 200 from my brother in law if the other one looks a lot better i might have to go with that
thanks guys for helpin a sixxer out :lol

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
o and if the vid wont work for you then click the words

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
six section slow?? could PM'd me :D

you will either need to have the Y lobed off and custom fabed to bolt up to the GT cat back, or get a header back parts of a GT and pray that they work, I don't know for sure if they will, cause i have not seen it done

·
Registered
557 Posts

I got some kid at the university with a v6 mustang but has the full GT "body kit". It looks really bad in the back with only one exhaust exit, but two holes in the bumper for the two exhausts a GT normally would have.

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
I got some kid at the university with a v6 mustang but has the full GT "body kit". It looks really bad in the back with only one exhaust exit, but two holes in the bumper for the two exhausts a GT normally would have.
Wow thats even worse. Does he claim that he has a GT? I mean come on... Claiming that your car has a bigger engine is gay, but actually going to the trouble and expense, not to mention a shop installed the ****, just to have the impression that you have a nicer car is retarded.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Wow thats even worse. Does he claim that he has a GT? I mean come on... Claiming that your car has a bigger engine is gay, but actually going to the trouble and expense, not to mention a shop installed the ****, just to have the impression that you have a nicer car is retarded.

YouTube - Ricer Mustang Wannabe
Well I've never talked to him, just always see the car in the parking deck. If it had two exhaust exit the car would look really nice. He does have the v6 pony emblem on the sides so I don't think hes trying to play it off as anything. Although if I had gotten a GT I would have swapped the GT emblems with the pony ones just because they look cooler in my eyes.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
lol. brotha get cuaght right there. 11s lmao with those tires yea right.

Hey i wouldnt say that all us gt guys do is swap axlebacks. lot of guys with headers in here too. There is just no point to in doing a cat back, your not getting any power from it. thats why guys dont do it.

FRPP has a true dual exhaust kit for ya 6er. fact they got a power package, cai, tune, and full dual exhuast kit out for you. throw some gears on at the same time.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
speaking of all this i saw the worst **** last night. kid had i guess a 6er, but it did have dual pipes out the back, anyway, had saleen across the back bumper, a cobra emblem on the side. but the worst part was the shape of the car, the back bumper was broken and hanging off, car was fithy, him and his girl in the car, he smiled and gave me the thumbs up, i felt bad for him so i gave him a thumbs up. I felt like taking him aside and saying look take that **** off your car, clean it up, and spend your money on some apperance mods if nothing else you can make this a nice car. he had the stock rims and bald tires on it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts