Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinkin about getting BBK long tube headers put on my pony most For the HP gain but i was wondering if it would make my exhaust louder... Does it? I already have Flowmaster mufflers installed just FYI

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Yes it will change the sound of your exhuast. I love the sound difference after my LTs

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mid pipe? my stock H-pipe wont work?

also whats the difference in a long tube header and a shorty header??

sweet im all about makin the exhaust louder

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
no your stock mid pipe will not work. long tube headers come out under the car instead of right after the the cylinder on the rear of each cylinder head.

Reactions: Pittbull

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OH! i see now, thanks for the photo bro! +1
i plan on gettin a X-pipe sooner or later tho.
so if i get long tube heads wat would u recommend for the mid pipe?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
there is no big gains with shorties.,and steeda has a sale on there long tubes right now
because of his first question i think he means whats the physical difference. :dunno

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
rule with LTs is to get the same brand mid pipe as the LTs. Unlike shorties that are made to fit to the stock mid pipe, Not all LTs have to exit at the same location so you may have fitment issues of you pc it together with different brands

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So Long tube BBK headers with BBK shorty catted X-pipe?

oh and whats the difference between off road mid pipes and catted?
im guessing off roads r ALOT louder ha

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
yes O/Rs are louder because they dont have cats on them that soak up some of the noise.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thought so.
thanks for the info dood

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
^^ lmao I was thinking the same thing.

Yea go with Longtubes. Typical gains are 10-15rwhp. Shorties suck and arent worth the money.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats right son.
Americanmuscle.com is the ****!
ive never heard of Pypes... Ive seen them but im thinkin BBK
and i dont think o/r is street legal where i live ha

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
If i put Z28 killer in my sig are you going to laugh at me too ;) :D

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i raced 2 of my friends that have z28s beat em both and they started callin my that so i figured wtf haha

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
i raced 2 of my friends that have z28s beat em both and they started callin my that so i figured wtf haha
you in southcaroline right? then o/r is fine. pypes is a good brand better then bbk in my book. what year z28?? must be like before 93 because 93-97 is drivers race most of the time the z will edge out with the win. and 98-02 is no contest with a stock mustang even with a shitty driver you still woud lose unless you only race to like 60mph. but check out pypes brands on youtube and you can hear some sound clips

1 - 20 of 64 Posts