Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Kooks long tube headers in tonight!!!!!! They sure look nice. I'm having them installed this Saturday. Only $350.00!!!!!!! I have the 93 OCT tune from Brenspeed. Has anyone had to get their car retuned after the headers were installed?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I got them from Brenspeed. They said I shouldn't need to retune the car but I think I will do it. I want to see what kind of HP my stang is making. I hate waiting!!!!!! Next week we will have sunny weather so I will be having fun with the new upgrades. The MGW short throw shifter and the Kooks LTH!!!!!! I'll post some pics too!!!!!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Just ask brenspeed to adjust your tune a bit, will prevent you from getting the dreaded check engine light. They did mine for free.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey 07stanggt

How do you like the NSR Cams? I looked at the other Cams that Brenspeed has to offer and they are more expensive but you get more HP and more at the low and mid range HP and TQ. So far my upgrades are Under drive pullies (Steeda), C and L Street Intake 93 Oct tune brenspeed, Kooks headers, MGW short throw shifter, and 4.10 gears, Steeda Lower control arms. Brenspeed has great Customer Service!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I dont have the cams on yet. I bought all this stuff together. Cams, long tubes, delet plates, magnapacks.

everything is suppose to go on friday. I will post dyno numbers and my opinions then.

Here is a link to another forum where two guys went to brenspeed shop and had these cams and some other stuff insalled. they posted the dyno numbers and a sound clip. though the sound clip is crap you really cant hear the car idle.
Day at Brenspeeds and Comp cam install - The Mustang Source Forums

For me you cant beat these cams for the money. You gain about the same peak power as the regular stage III (127300) cams. You do lose some low end, but i dont know that its worth the extra grand in parts and labor.

Did you read the tech articles on both cams on brenspeeds site? The other factor i considered when looking at the tech articles on Brenspeeds site is that they are using an automatic with the nsr cams and a 5speed with the regular cams. So when talking about losing low end tq im wodering if that was affected by the auto trans?

Oh well, we will now in two days :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just a note to let you guys know that "YA"LL SUCK!!!!!" I would love to gut my motor and have Sean Hyland empty my wallet, but it seems that my wife has other ideas. Oh well I am enjoying the posts on these semi-bolt ons. Keep it up!

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Just a note to let you guys know that "YA"LL SUCK!!!!!" I would love to gut my motor and have Sean Hyland empty my wallet, but it seems that my wife has other ideas. Oh well I am enjoying the posts on these semi-bolt ons. Keep it up!

this comeing from a man with the most expensive exhaust system on the market. :) how do you like those corsa's? Think of it this way the nsr cams cost less then your axle backs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
No argument on the price of the Corsa system, but they fit like a glove and NO drone when the cruise is set. My Ford dealer will only sell the Corsa kits, of course with them financed in with the car you don't notice the extra cost. I like the look from the rear with the MagnaFlows but the one I rode in had that drone. Flowmaster has the roar but wow the cruise noise, I'd just chunk the stereo.:eek:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
+1 on the Corsa Axle backs!!!! I love mine. They should sound good with the kooks headers!!!!! Thanks 07stanggt for the info. Let me know when you get the cams in. Have a good one!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
No argument on the price of the Corsa system, but they fit like a glove and NO drone when the cruise is set. My Ford dealer will only sell the Corsa kits, of course with them financed in with the car you don't notice the extra cost. I like the look from the rear with the MagnaFlows but the one I rode in had that drone. Flowmaster has the roar but wow the cruise noise, I'd just chunk the stereo.:eek:

The magnapacks had drone huh. how bad was it? it was a tough decision for me between the corsa's and the manganpacks. On the redfiregt exhuast sticky you can listen to both of them with the kooks system. In the end the corsa's sounded great but the magnapacks seemed a little rowdier if you know what i mean. the corsas were very crisp. I want a more of a race car sound then the classic muscle car sound. Thats why I like the xpipe.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I had magnapaks, prior to my Macs. They were decent, but not the sound I was looking for. There was some drone, but nothing too bad.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
hahaha lee is rabid.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts