Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 97 cobra with 130k on it. Not too sure how many miles are on the motor because it looks like it was replaced before I had gotten it. This is the original motor in it now but the old one was a race motor. I am thinking about either supercharging it or doing a turbo, but I keep hearing that my motor may not be able to handle it. Any opinions here before I make my decision, I'm just looking not to break the car lol. Thanks :sorry

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
why not rebuild it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do a compression test and see where she's at. If all the cylinders are even across the board, and over 150ish PSI, then you're good. Don't be greedy though, those stockers don't like much more than 8 PSI max.

If you're interested in a Supercharger kit, contact [email protected] (RE-Performance) for great pricing on ProCharger intercooled setups.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
8psi max??? the 4v's can handle a lot more than 8psi. there are some out handling 15+ on a stock bottom end and they are DD cars. the 2v/s are 450rwhp rated, a little head work will allow a little more but not much.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
same bottom end, totally different heads. the 3 and 4v's will hold more power than the 2v's will.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I have the same question but for my 2006 v6 with 23k miles on it: I want to turbo it, but someone told me to make sure that i dont get too much power b/c that could damage the engine. What do yall think?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts