Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 v6 with automatic transmission 116,000 miles. Im replacing my torque converter, so I decided to add some other things on my car. I was wondering if anyone here knows if these things would destroy my car simply because it has so many miles.
1. Torque converter
2. 3.73 gears
3. SCT tuner (probably run an 87 or 93 octane tune for performance)
4. T-LOK

·
Registered
730 Posts
You'll be just fine. We've got guys with more miles than that who are still modding.
160k and runnin strong

takin her down to florida next friday :D

dont let miles scare you... thats actually a little better than average for that year. so your fine

let the modding commence!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
lol, dont be scured, im pushing 150k still runs strong, when its time for it to go, she will let me know...and leave a f-ing mess ,, till then...

·
Registered
140 Posts
on my sixer she looks like she's had a ruff life till i got her currently 205k miles DD and im still modding her and she's still running very strong lol.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
drive the **** out of her till the engine goes then its time to do a 4v swap.

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will be fine with those mods. now if you want to add a poweradder, thats when you take caution with miles.
The tuner claims to add power (not much I know) and redo my valve timing or some ****. I just wanted to be safe and ask the experts.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
The tuner claims to add power (not much I know) and redo my valve timing or some ****. I just wanted to be safe and ask the experts.
A tuner won't change anything with your valves. If you want those changed, you need to look into a cam. The tuner will charge your spark timing. As long as you're running the proper fuel for the spark timing you choose, you should be good to go :yes Companies like Bama, Trick Tuners, and such will write the timing into your tune based on what octane of fuel you plan on running.

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought I read something about valve timing. Either way, I'm getting the tuner from AmericanMuscle.com with the free bama tunes.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
And before I forget, what are your guys' thoughts on iridium spark plugs?
Don't waste the money. Just spend the $10 for a set of Autolite or Motorcraft copper plugs. I had a set of iridiums in for about 10k miles and the car ran a lot better once I replaced them with coppers. The electrodes were worn down to almost nothing on my iridiums as well, but that may have been partially due to some detonation I was having from a bad tune.

·
Registered
730 Posts
not from my personal experience...then again these aren't high performance engines....soooo yeah

(just know if you walk into my Advance you will be leaving with them...i could sale a rubber to a monk)
i would love to pull up to your autozone one day, walk in buy some little thing i need... go through the checkout process. on my way out you say have a nice day

without skipping a beat i say " you too 6er " lol walk out like nothin happened

ur face :eek:

OP the only think i would say about high miles is ANY indication of ANYTHING out of the ordinary get looked at and fixed ASAP. the car will never leave you on the side of the road if you do so.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts