Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 4.6 5sp.... cms stage 2 cams, tfs spring kit, long tubes, o/r x pipe, magnaflow mufflers, typhoon intake, bbk 78mm throttle body, pro comp coils,
bbk cai, .... be getting it dyno tuned next week or so, premium gas tune..
also what do you think it will run in qrt....... 4.10 gears also
hoping for 300wrhp and low 13 or high 12 on drag radials

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
you might get close. hitting 300 will be pretty lucky, but I guess its possible. I say more realistically youll be around 290 (still close)

as far as your qrt mile times, it depends on how you drive really. I can only do a 12.9 with my car; whereas a car with 300 rwhp can prob do the same time on the right suspension and a good driver mod

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
You should be at 300rwhp. Its common for 5 speed 2Vs to hit 300rwhp with cams, longtubes and bolt ons. You should have no problem breaking into the 12's with a decent set of stick tires like NT555Rs

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awsome

awsome... i hope it does and will post numbers as soon as i get it tuned..
thanks... will post qrt times too!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Me mad? LOL over what? not at all bud.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You'll be close, but the tuner will need to add a lot of timing.

Also you'll be close to maxing out the stock injectors when you do get to 300.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
you should see low 13s high 12s i would imagine if you can drive

my best is a 13.5 with lt off road x and 410s, and 555rs

and thats in a heavy vert with stock rear susp

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Not without heads.
Yeah okay. Its not that hard to hit 300rwhp with a set of cams, longtubes then other bolt ons. People act like 2Vs need heads to make 300, which isnt true. Ive seen a good amount make 310-315rwhp with a nice set of cams. Some do hit alittle lower then 300rwhp.

But Ive seen plenty of 2Vs hit 280-290rwhp with cams and no longtubes, with cams, longtubes will free up a lot of power.

Stick to your 4V bro ;)

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Yeah okay. Its not that hard to hit 300rwhp with a set of cams, longtubes then other bolt ons. People act like 2Vs need heads to make 300, which isnt true. Ive seen a good amount make 310-315rwhp with a nice set of cams. Some do hit alittle lower then 300rwhp.

But Ive seen plenty of 2Vs hit 280-290rwhp with cams and no longtubes, with cams, longtubes will free up a lot of power.

Stick to your 4V bro ;)
Don't forget you're saying that to one that has actually owned a 2V that made more than 300, not "I have seen", I made it happen. And yes I will stick to my 900+ HP 4V.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I've owned a 2V that made over 300 N/A with those exact cams, and I'll tell you that it'll be very close. I made 294 before heads using the VT Stage 2's on 91 Octane because there wasn't 93 out where I lived at the time.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts