Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just bought some Hot Rod Cams, Finallly. Im excited about getting them in. I am having a shop that i get all my work done at, and they have very fair prices. I just dont have the time to put them in myself, or at least attempt too its my DD. Anyways my question is when i pick it up at the shop after getting them installed Will I be able to drive to my house (about 7 miles away) With out a new tune for the Hot Rods with out hurting anything? Or Vice-Versa Drive it to the shop to get them installed with a tune for the Hot Rods? What one if any would be the safer thing to do, if i even can? Thanks in advace guys

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
I would think you would be ok. If you got a tuner from AM just order a new tune. Or if you are that worried about it, buy a new tune from somewhere.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a tuner already sorry wasnrt clear about that the car wont run without the tune due to the CAI so i would have to drive it there with the old tune on there. Thats why i cant just put the new tune on it at the shopill have to do it before i go or after i pick it up and get it home. Sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a tuner already sorry wasnrt clear about that the car wont run without the tune due to the CAI so i would have to drive it there with the old tune on there. Thats why i cant just put the new tune on it at the shopill have to do it before i go or after i pick it up and get it home. Sorry for the confusion
If you have an sct then you can just replace one of your other tunes to the hot rod cam tune since Ur going to have to change all of them anyway.
Hope I helped :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
No problem. We all have brain farts with the easy stuff but that's what were here for. Good luck with the cams and be sure to give us a video of it man.
Happy modding :)

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Luckyyy! Those are on my list. Grats on the buy! :D

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
you already know now, but yes the sct holds 3 tunes + it also backs up your stock tune. as far as driving it w/o tune for the hotrods i thought they were a drop in cam w/ no tune needed. doesn't really matter though

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Just order a tune for the cams from a reputable tuner like VMP Tuning. They will email you the file, you'll upload it to the programmer, than when you pick up the car just retune the car with the new tune!

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
NastyStang113;363[LIST said:
[/LIST]2671]Just order a tune for the cams from a reputable tuner like VMP Tuning. They will email you the file, you'll upload it to the programmer, than when you pick up the car just retune the car with the new tune!
ditto but I would get it dyno tuned shortly after I've read stories of the email tunes not performing correctly with the hot rod cams

·
Registered
739 Posts
I drove mine without a tune, the car runs. Runs well? Thats a different story, its hard to get the thing to idle properly without a tune and doesn't have a bunch of power either. If I were to do it over again I would get an email tune before hand and not have any issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts