Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, about to order the Magnaflow Magnapacks catback. Currently have a Mac o/r X-Pipe with stock catback. And being a mustang owner, it's in my genetics to bolt something onto my car every other day to make it faster and louder :D

Just wondering if the Magnapacks and X-Pipe will make it annoying. I ran open headers once and that sounded like a boat motor to me. Not my style, don't need anything that loud. I want to be able to cruise along at 45 and have a conversation without having to raise my voice too much, wondering if anyone else has this same setup and can give me some feedback. Thanks!

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
It should sound good. will be a little raspy but not to bad. I have o/r x with bassani cb and i think it sounds great

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
i have Magnapacks with O/R H. It's Loud as hell outside the car. In the cabin it's alright as long as you are in 5th gear at 45-50mph for crusing. if you are in 4th Gear at 45MPH( stock gears) you won't be able to have a conversation. but if you are in 5th you wont have a problem. Again, that is stock gears for me. Basically Dont cruise at 2000RPM and you'll be fine.

Completeexhaust.com 359 Shipped to your door. CALL and ask for "forum special" on the magnapack catback.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
magnapack is about the only straight threw design that i would have.other than that i will only have mac and spintech

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
it's gonna be pretty loud.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i mean its ok...but kinda common

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have and OR X with Magnapacks and Hooker LTs, I personally like how it sounds, Ill get a video for you tommorow. Yours will sound less loud since I have stage II cams

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i had a tru-x with the packs on my car, its was freaking loud. you could hear it for about 3 miles at night, and was loud inside the car as well. now i have the lt's and prochamber, its a lot different now. its nice, mellow, at idle, sounds great under load, and is now very quiet in the cabin. i have a clip of mine in the modular section in the exhaust sticky.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I have a 3" exhaust with a custom X and dumped dynomax bullets. Very annoying.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have magnapacks with the bassani o/r xpipe and bassani mid length headers. Its not too loud inside the cabin. I can hear my radio just fine, have a conversation and all that. On the outside, its a different story. I let my girlfriend drive my car once so I could hear it from the outside and its so much more louder and sick than I ever imagined. Its not annoying at all to me. I recommend that setup to anybody

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I have magnapacks with the bassani o/r xpipe and bassani mid length headers. Its not too loud inside the cabin. I can hear my radio just fine, have a conversation and all that. On the outside, its a different story. I let my girlfriend drive my car once so I could hear it from the outside and its so much more louder and sick than I ever imagined. Its not annoying at all to me. I recommend that setup to anybody
i know. It sounds 1000X better outside the car then inside. I had my dad do the same thing 6 months after i got them installed and i didn't realize how F'K loud they were until after i heard them outside of the car.

they are LOUD but not Like Open header loud.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
bahaha cuz one person you know has it? thats funny.
I have gotten countless compliments on my exhaust.. i say go for it!
I am just saying be an different. try different combos. Chevy people love mine. Thats saying something i think. But bassani is nice...maybe with prochamber.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
exhuast is to opinionated* man..

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the input guys, my cruising RPM is 1600 to 2300 on 4.10s. really wouldn't mind not being able to have a conversation at 3K rpm but it seems like it'd be loud enough to where i would never get on the gas in fear of getting pulled over. i'm kind of on the fence with it now, looking through the youtube videos it doesn't seem too bad but of course it could be a lot different in person.

and holy **** scott i couldn't imagine a prochamber with a loudmouth1 on 4.10s, that's gotta wake the dead on the other side of the earth...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Staight pipes with cats is pretty much the best sound you can produce!! lol
Well I think if I put long tubes on it would be better.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I heard a buddies car the other day with an O/r H and magnapacks...it was the 24/7 sex!!! haha DO IT!!! lol

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have 20k on my pypes o/r x and magnapacks and its loud. I have 410 gears and at 75mph at 3000 rpm its really loud so I just turn up my radio. But it sounds dam good and everybody love the sound.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
my friend has bbk longtubes, o/r x-pipe w/ magnapacks and it's sounds so freakin' nasty to me. it is a real annoying sound, especially when he takes off, like a Blaaaahhh sound. i dont know, i dont like the way his exhaust sound and a lot of the members in our club but my friend likes it and that's what counts i guess.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts