Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have some crane gold 1.6 roller rockers. They are for pedistals. I have Gt-40p heads I am self porting(my first time, though I practiced on some other junk heads). These rockers will work on these heads, but I keep doubting myself and am considering aluminum heads if I can find some for a low price. You know, good used condition or like the patriot freedom heads or possibly the procomps even though they get mixed reviews. most aftermarket heads use studs. I don't want to buy more rockers. I am on a self apointed buget. I don't think they will work with studs but maybe I'm wrong. ?????

I am about to take my block etc in to be machined. I have an e-303 cam and 1 5/8" mac gtp headers, performer RPM intake, holley street avenger 670cfm carb. MSD ignition. I figure with the gtps I'll have 275hp, maybe more. What do you think?
What are some decent heads for this setup that I may be able to find for a deal? how much more power would I get? Do any of them have pedistals?

Thanks all for your help.
:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
try and find a set of trickflow 185s i just baught a set off ebay for my car and there the best investment ive made. trickflow's quality is second to none!!!

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
yes, with the rght cam and intake trick flows make awesome power. afr 165's are greta as well..on an engine dyno a 5.0 motor with intake and a carb (with those afr's) made 406 HP! so theyre good too....just do research before you buy anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts