Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, Im coming to you guys to back up an idea i have. Most of you know that i bought a kb 2.2. Well, im installing it finally and ran into a problem. The heater tube thats in the intake valley wont work with the kb. The manual shows that they come with a different one that bends downward and not along the side so the kb intake can fit. Well, I dont feel like paying the $40 plus shipping kb wants for it and was wondering if you guys feel like stainless steel heater hose would work. I feel that if the stock plastic intake manifold doesnt melt then stainless steel hose wont either. I already have the hose so that would be free.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Yes Stainless steel will work, Is it a braided SS Line or what? I have actually contenplated about upgrading my heater hose lines to SS Braided -8.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
That metal pieces been a pain in my ass everytime I swapped motors, cause it was slightly bent I bought a tubing bender to pull it back in perfectly though. I wish i would have just thought about this to simplify things for me , but I already had so much on my mind at the time. post up some Pics when you get it installed.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
No problem man, Its a MOD i will do in the future If I ever have to pull my motor again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts