Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the difference in the gt40 heads and the gt40P heads? I have heard that there are headers that will fit and will not, I have bbk shorties. Which heads will they bolt too?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
the GT40P heads are the ones u need certin headers for there are a handfull that will work but i dont think bbk are one of them.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i know bbk long tube heads will work and the stock ones will

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
yeah i was just stating a couple i knew that did work......

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
What about these GT-40X heads advertised on jegs magazine and summitracing magazine? Are those some good heads and will headers like the BBK shorties work too?

·
Registered
569 Posts
those are aluminum and i believe they work well but never seen on a flow bench so idk darrell would prob know

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
OH YEAH I remeber darrel. It's been a while since i've been on here. I used to be called "gtxracing" on here but during mm's major site update, I seem to have lost my hardcore satus on here. But at the same time, I had time to learn and understand before coming on here giving out my two sense that I don't have... I know you don't uinderstand that last part but **** it LOL

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
i know bbk long tube heads will work and the stock ones will
BBK longtubes aren't worth a damn with gt-40p heads. MAC longtubes fit really decent, the #5 plug is a little difficult but no big deal. you'll need spark plug insulators though.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
BBK longtubes aren't worth a damn with gt-40p heads. MAC longtubes fit really decent, the #5 plug is a little difficult but no big deal. you'll need spark plug insulators though.
:no

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So will the BBK shorties work on the gt 40 heads? Also what is the main difference between gt40 and gt40p?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts