Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a 07 conv. GT. I want the Bullitt wheels in CHROME. They have to be 17's because the car has brand new tires on it, and want to swap them over.

I can only find the 17" wheels in chrome that fit the earlier style stang, I haven't found them listed for the 05 + cars. Will wheels from the 95-03 cars fit mine?

Will my lugs fit them too?

Thank You

·
I Do Not Prefer Semen!
2,334 Posts
they should fit... we put my 03 cobra replica rims off my 00 on my friends moms 07. the offset is just different.

( i think )

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't get it neither...ANYWAY, I personally don't understand the concept of choosing your rims based on the tires you have?

But yes, they will stick out, I put my 09 GT wheels on the earlier model and we ended up getting wheel spacers. Therefor, the earlier model wheels, will stick out of your 07. And 17's shouldn't stick out - Maybe an 11" wide wheel, but not a 7.5"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well, I've got $700 worth of new tires that I really don't want to throw away, or sell at a major loss. I personally think 17" rims look fine on the car, I'm not much a fan of those retardedly tall wheels, and i'm not into the "Bro." look, and "blinging" it up. I want my car to look classy.

I did look at the ones at americanmuscle, I just wondered if ford ever put the type I'm looking for, on the 05 + platform, or will I just have to go aftermarket?

Edit* Just got off the phone with american muscle, and they said that when I switch my tpms sensors over to the new wheels, I will have to go to a dealer and get them re-calibrated. Any truth to that? How much should I expect to pay for it?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
They did have a bullet rim for s197s i believ they were 18s though. Also on the tire thing are your current tires all seasons or peroformance tires. If they are all seasons ypu get new rims and use ypur current rims ad winter ri s if need for where you live.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
uh, the tires are Pirelli, that's all I remember and I don't wanna walk out to the barn to take a look. This car is just for playing around in the summer months. My main vehicle is a 4wd truck, so I'm not worried about snow and Ice. Thanks anyway

·
Registered
35 Posts
They did make a bullitt style wheel in 17"s but they are anthracite gray color, not chrome.

I had to get new TPMS for my wheels. Which I got from American Muscle. I think I paid $140 for the sensors, and maybe $40 for the calibration tool. I would just do that.

Does it snow where you live, or do you drive your car in the snow? How about throw the 17's on in the winter and get a nice pair of 18's for the summer.

Those 18" chrome Deep Dish Bullitts are pretty sweet. I was going to get them but then I would not have been able to fit my Brake kit in them, so that is why I went with my 20's, which are of course Bling bling bro wheels...I don't know why Shelby makes Bling bling bro wheels, but I bought them anyway.

I wish Shelby made his wheels more classy :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm sure if you looked around you could have your wheels chrome dipped. My buddy did that with his zr1 wheels when he couldn't find the ones he wanted in chrome.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Don't waste your money on new sensors and a reset tool. You can just reuse your old sensors. They shouldn't have to be reset when you put them in the new wheels. if they need to be, the shop that did it should reset then for free.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Don't waste your money on new sensors and a reset tool. You can just reuse your old sensors. They shouldn't have to be reset when you put them in the new wheels. if they need to be, the shop that did it should reset then for free.
1+

just make sure that when you reuse them, the sensors go in the same tire location (i.e. driver's side front, back, etc)

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Hey 101 & Zinc... Thanks alot, my computer screen just got a morning shower of coffee....Thanks.... LMFAO.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I guess its all subjective, but my suggestion would be to hold off for a while. Right now the chrome bullitts probably seem like they are sweet, but lurk around this forum for awhile and your opinion will change every week :D

When I first bought my GT, I had these ugly things...

Then I thought another set of OEM anthracite bullitts would solve the problem...

Problem I discovered is that the stangs wheels wells eat up any 17" wheel.
I finally settled on a set a few weeks ago and bought a staggered set 18x9/18x10 bullitts from American Muscle

Theres just too many choices!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts