Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BBK Performance 2516 - BBK Gripp Tubular Strut Tower Braces - summitracing.com

BBK Performance 2520 - BBK Heavy Duty Bolt-On Subframe Connectors - summitracing.com

Eibach 4-1735-680 - Eibach Pro-System Suspension Lowering Kits - summitracing.com

I have a 2000 Mustang V6 Convertible, with no mods that might conflict with these other than 18x9/10 rims. I would like to order them today (autox starts april 27th, plus I would need time for shipping, installation of those + my exhaust which is still sitting in my basement + a couple other things). So:

1. Will these fit properly?
2. Are any of these not recommended, or is there something better, or is it even worth it?
EDIT: 3. Is there anything else I would need? bushings etc.

My plan of FI has to be put on hold for another year because I got hit with car repairs and a couple rather expensive bills (one over 600), and with tuition coming up at end of summer this is all I can afford.

Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. Just ordered them, now to find out how much the brokerage fees at the border, plus duty and tax are going to hurt my credit card.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
sorry for going of topic but..

god damn!! hmusn!! dude i'm out of the forum like for 3 weeks or a month maybe more and u already at 20k+ post! thats pure whoring i'l say :lol

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more question:

I just realized I didn't order C/C plates, do you think they will be necessary? I've heard people say you only need them for 1.5" and beyond, and others say you need them for any lowering.

My kit will lower 1.3" front and 1.4" rear I believe.

Any advice??

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
One more question:

I just realized I didn't order C/C plates, do you think they will be necessary? I've heard people say you only need them for 1.5" and beyond, and others say you need them for any lowering.

My kit will lower 1.3" front and 1.4" rear I believe.

Any advice??
you should get them you may be able to get away with the stock set up but nothing is Guarantied. the only springs that are designed to work with the stock set up is ford c springs.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
HMUSN im surprised you didnt recommend something better than BBK. Steeda makes much betters suspension components than BBK.
well there is also MM and griges that make better parts then steeda but cost even bigger bills. it is a slippery slope and it all depends on what your goals for your car is.
BBK is great for a low budget mild modded street car.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
i was looking for the MM stuff....it looks as if it is all GT/cobra stuff. Plus MM looks as if it is for straight autocross applications, not street/strip which Steeda is real good for.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
it's the same parts v6/GT for the parts he chose...

sfc, control arms,springs..

the v6/GT are built on the same chassis

1 - 16 of 16 Posts