Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 90 fox and i know i can fit a 17x9 in the rear but can i fit a 17x10.5 in the rear with out cutting out alot of stuff. if any body had done it can you sent me some pics to my e-mail thanks. [email protected]

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
i have a 90 fox and i know i can fit a 17x9 in the rear but can i fit a 17x10.5 in the rear with out cutting out alot of stuff. if any body had done it can you sent me some pics to my e-mail thanks. [email protected]
no

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Really, you cant run 17X10.5's on the back of a Fox without modifications ( besides the SN-95 5 lug conversion) ?
Because i really wanted to get some in the back, what do ya have to do to make them fit?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Fender modification, and inner wheel well modification. Quad shock delete, and proper backspacing, and you can make a 10.5 work with an 79-93 8.8" axle under a fox.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Fender modification, and inner wheel well modification. Quad shock delete, and proper backspacing, and you can make a 10.5 work with an 79-93 8.8" axle under a fox.
well didn't he say he didn't want to mod. anything? if that's the case you wont be able to get close to that

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
How are you running a 10.5" wheel, with a '95 rear end in a fox?
the 95 rear end is 3/4" wider on each side (only the axles are different), so you can fit a wheel with more backspacing on there.

In general, there is no reason to use a 10.5" wide wheel. A 9" wide wheel is plenty.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i want to use the 10.5 because i like the deep dish look. i have been seeing alot of them on mustangswith the stock rear.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
thats a 95 not a fox

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
the 95 rear end is 3/4" wider on each side (only the axles are different), so you can fit a wheel with more backspacing on there.

In general, there is no reason to use a 10.5" wide wheel. A 9" wide wheel is plenty.
I know how its possible, i was just curious how he was doing it. It seemed like he hadnt done anything to the car to make it work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts