Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i need a new header panel and headlights so i found the headlights i want 99-04 FORD MUSTANG GT COBRA BLACK HEADLIGHTS 00 01 02 | eBay

this is what i want to know if it will fit it says cobra but looks the EXACT same..

99-04 Ford Mustang Cobra OEM Header Panel Assembly | eBay

otherwise im stuck with this i dnt know how well it'll fit being a cheapy ebay one
FORD MUSTANG 99-04 HEADER PANEL 00 01 02 03 MOUNTING | eBay

and i wonder if these come with the clips for the head lights or if i have to buy new ones i dont even know where i would!

thanks!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I would go with the header panel from the junkyard, and when you order it ask them to include the headlight retaining clips.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
i would be willing to bet you will get just the panel.

i would think the difference between the two is the size of the grill opening. the one for a cobra is ment for a cobra bumper which i believe has a smaller opening than a GT.

i dont see that it would come with the clips for the headlights. you can get them through ford for real cheap though.

i had to replace mine as well at one point in time.

please, please, PLEASE consider getting an OEM Ford piece. they do cost a little more but when your headlights still fit good against the fender you will thank me. i got an aftermarket piece and my headlights fit like ****. you can adjust the fenders in but then the hood gap looks bad. no way to win, i should have spent the extra $30 for the Ford one.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would be willing to bet you will get just the panel.

i would think the difference between the two is the size of the grill opening. the one for a cobra is ment for a cobra bumper which i believe has a smaller opening than a GT.

i dont see that it would come with the clips for the headlights. you can get them through ford for real cheap though.

i had to replace mine as well at one point in time.

please, please, PLEASE consider getting an OEM Ford piece. they do cost a little more but when your headlights still fit good against the fender you will thank me. i got an aftermarket piece and my headlights fit like ****. you can adjust the fenders in but then the hood gap looks bad. no way to win, i should have spent the extra $30 for the Ford one.
haha thanks ill be looking into that unfortunately i blew out my first rear end tonight :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts