Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Eaton M122 fit on 5.0s? I am almost certain it would not be a direct bolt on. Talking to some friends and mechanic and these are some things I would need:

intake manifold/custom dyno tune/intercooler/cold air intake/custom fabrications

Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes it will fit....in theory. You would need everthing from a roush or ford racing supercharger kit, minus the blower. I know the M122's are cheap but it is a dinosaur compared to the tvs or whipple. You won't make the same power with the M122 at the same boost levels as the tvs or whipple.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of power are we talking about? I'm just looking for some reliable horsepower, not trying to max out.

How much do you think it'll cost for all the other support mods?

·
Registered
147 Posts
That is the blower that came on the GT500 until 2013, so it can make more that the stock block can handle. Like you said, I don't think anyone has tried that combo before, but I would think it can move enough air to make 6-700 hp.
This most expensive part of this kit would be the manifold/intercooler that the blower sits on. I thinks it's a little less than $2k. I would call Roush and get an idea what all the necessary bits and pieces would come to. You need the complete kit, minus the blower. I think everthing else would be the same, since you can replace the M122 with a TVS on the Shelby.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6-700 sounds good to me :D

But yes..I am gonna have to call them up and see. It's one of those things where you can either no one has done it or you just can't find any DIYs or write ups or even reviews. So I'm just unsure....about just buying it. Yes it's cheap so I am tempted to buy it but I want to know exactly what I am getting myself into you know?

A lot of the people I've talked to mentioned I will probably need custom fabrication...like if the holes don't fit or line up, it would require some drilling done/etc.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
It looks like more of a pain in the ass than just getting a kit.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^I agree. :/ Just saw a good price on the supercharger so I was just wondering...we'll see.

I just love modding and I love learning about cars in general. In my free time, all I do is check out car parts...my girlfriend says I am obsessed....I tell her Obssession is a word lazy people use to call Dedicated people...haha

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lots of people putting the M122 on the 4.6l with very good results for little money.
Are there any threads I can check out? What else did they need other than the M122?

I contacted Roush but haven't heard back yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts