Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side window goes up about 1/2 inch too high, causing it to hit the body when shutting the door, if I roll it down slightly it's not a problem. My question is are the stops adjustable? also the top of the window seems like it could stand to come in a little towards the weather stripping, which may be caused from the glass hitting the body and not seating properly, is there an adjustment for this as well? Thanks

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I'd check to see if it is in the track properly. Sounds like it is sitting on top of it to me. Either that or part of your regulator isn't properly fastened and is flexing, causing it to over extend.

Best thing to do is remove the door trim panel and the plastic overlay and see what you can find.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Has it always done that since you got it? The reason I am asking is that when I bought mine the drivers side was that way. I found out that sometime in the past the adhesive had came loose that holds it to the bracket and someone had glued it back together wrong. Ended up getting a new window to fix it as there was no adjusting I could do to fix it.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I'd check to see if it is in the track properly. Sounds like it is sitting on top of it to me. Either that or part of your regulator isn't properly fastened and is flexing, causing it to over extend.

Best thing to do is remove the door trim panel and the plastic overlay and see what you can find.

+1

Im sure after the panel is of he will find his problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is a little off topic but still relevant to door problems, my driver side door lock doesn't work and i've had it with going to the passenger side everytime to get in my car(although its a nice touch if i'm on a date). I've looked everywhere on the door for screws and anything holding the panels on and couldn't find a thing. What am I missing, do the panels just pop off?

Nevermind, search is my friend :D

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
This is a little off topic but still relevant to door problems, my driver side door lock doesn't work and i've had it with going to the passenger side everytime to get in my car(although its a nice touch if i'm on a date). I've looked everywhere on the door for screws and anything holding the panels on and couldn't find a thing. What am I missing, do the panels just pop off?

Nevermind, search is my friend :D
Lift up on the door switch bezel while pushing in at the bottom. Once you have that off you will see a couple screws that hold on the door panel. There is also a push pin on the hinge side at the bottom. Once you remove the screws and the push pins the door panel slides up, then out. Just watch out for the door handle. If you have the mach460 system you will need to remove the speaker as well. Just pull the grate off the speaker cover and you will see the tunnel for the screw that holds it on. Once you take out the screw you can pull up the speaker and undo the connectors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Door panel is off, the window is not secure in the track, it looks like someone has had it out or replaced the window and rigged it back into the track with silicone, it's not level or secure, any way to fix this?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Door panel is off, the window is not secure in the track, it looks like someone has had it out or replaced the window and rigged it back into the track with silicone, it's not level or secure, any way to fix this?

You have to clean out the track and get out all the old adhesive. Then fill the tray with a glass to metal adhesive and place the window back into the track. keep pressure on it until it is dry or it will slide back out. The colder it is where your working, the longer it's going to take for the adhesive to solidify.

It might be worth it to you to call a glass repair/ replacement shop and ask them how musc they would charge to do it for you. I would guess it's not more than $40 and they will get it right the first time.

My wife's old vert had this problem with the passenger side and I " Fixed " it four times before I got it right. I probably would have come out better letting a pro do it once.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.