Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side window on my vert will not go up the last 1/8 inch causing there to be a slight gap against the seal. It goes up all the way with the door open, but does not if it’s closed. It looks like when it starts to rub against the weather stripping towards the front that it gets enough resistance to shut off the motor (which is why it goes up completely when the door is open).

I replaced the regulator and motor about 6 months ago. Everything still feels solid and the glass is still in the tracks. I tried adjusting the bump stops but even when they are all the way up the window still won’t overcome that extra 1/8”.

Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Something has either came out of adjustment or the motor doesn't have the power to get that little extra stretch.. How well does the motor operate? is it struggling and slow? You know these electronics anymore coming from over seas are not as good as OEM parts in case you went with a non OEM part.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something has either came out of adjustment or the motor doesn't have the power to get that little extra stretch.. How well does the motor operate? is it struggling and slow? You know these electronics anymore coming from over seas are not as good as OEM parts in case you went with a non OEM part.
Yeah I mean it doesn’t seem like the motor is the best. That’s probably the issue. I think it was a Dorman (had pretty good reviews). Sucks guess I’ll just live with it because I don’t really feel doing that bs job again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts