Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helllo! I got a problem with my driver's side window... When it goes down, it makes a dropping sound and it ends up going too far down that I can't even see it anymore as opposed to the passenger side. Then when I go to bring it back up it won't on the first try but it does on the second. I tried searching posts for this problem but I only found someone who had a problem with the opposite (going too far up). Anyone ever have this problem? Is there a quick fix to it? Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have the up to far problem. You have to take off the door panel and mount the window properly back on its track to fix it (for mine anyway). Try to do so before it completely falls off of the track and destroys any tint you might have on it like my passenger side did about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the up to far problem. You have to take off the door panel and mount the window properly back on its track to fix it (for mine anyway). Try to do so before it completely falls off of the track and destroys any tint you might have on it like my passenger side did about 6 months ago.
Hmm that's what I thought...and as a matter of fact I do have a tint on it.. :(

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
Reactions: luvmyGT

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Totally different cars, totally different technologies.

The window motors can occasionally lose their memory from a number of things. Most common reason is a battery failure with the windows partially open or down when it occurs.

Not a big deal, simple to reprogram the procedure ACE posted should get you all squared away. If it doesn't, post back, there is another process that can be tried.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts