Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should it cost to get my Windows Tinted? I got my 2 quarter windows done by a buddy, but he never got to finish. What should it cost to have a shop do it for me?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i got all of my windows done for 145 with a warranty. i just went with the legal 30%, i wish i could of kept my 5% that was on the car when I got it!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want the 20% or possibly more of like a 15%. The stuff on my quarters reads at 14% but its rated at 20%

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
yeah, so if you go with 20 then it would be good, i hate how on the back glass the top few inches cant be tinted. are you getting all of the windows done? or just the front 2 and back? i think you were saying the quarters were done already.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
yeah, so if you go with 20 then it would be good, i hate how on the back glass the top few inches cant be tinted. are you getting all of the windows done? or just the front 2 and back? i think you were saying the quarters were done already.
theres a way around that if u know wtf ur doing as a tinter......

I wouldn't ever pay more then 150-175 to have them pro. done. I would expect to pay about 1-125 for just the back window and door windows

·
Registered
136 Posts
$135.00 is what i paid for my tint 5% all the way around and the back glass is awful. But if it wont stick go to your local graphics store and purchase some black vinyl to put across the back blends in good. Ive had mine on 3 yrs and it hasnt faded peeled etc

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i bet that 5% is nice, i sure do miss mine lol

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a friend with 2.5%. He said he curbed his rim one night cause he couldn't see the curn it was soo dark. Not sure I want that dark.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
alas, in my 03 GT i had 15%'s all around and backing out of my friends driveway in the pouring rain one night i wound up ripping off a small peace of ground effect catching the car on the curb from lack of visibility.

Simply could have been avoided by rolling my window down and getting a lil wet, but i was stupid and my car paid the price.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i do all my own tinting:D when i was doing it at a shop, we were charging $140 for mustangs. i have always used llumar tint, the best on the market. the other companies that can come close to coler and warranty are places like solar guard, johnson, and just a few others.

·
Registered
856 Posts
alright well what would be a good percentage to go to get a dark look but can still see even in night? cause my tint is all ****ed up. looks purple and shizzz

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
15-20% every tint fades no matter who makes it or how its made. dyed films change colors, metalized films stay same color just gets lighter. it takes a long time to do that, usually tint last longer than owner will ever keep the car.

example ot 15-20%: factory tinted glass on things like the suv's are around a 17-19% tint.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts