Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
I used to have tinted windows and got pulled over all the time for various reasons that was about 15 years ago. For the past 15 years I have not been pulled over for various reasons because my windows have not been tinted.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Getting pulled over for tint is sometimes an issue here in missouri, however I've driven my truck all over the state and have yet to get pulled with it being as dark as it is.

Heres one last shot but from the inside of my truck and you can see its not horrible to look out of. Time of photo is 5:00 central time, and its raining.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
LOL. I knew that would get brought up. Truck was an original automatic 5r110 torqshift transmission, I swapped a ford ZF6 manual trans in its place. Tows much better.

I just have yet to make a block off for that part on the dash...

·
Manthusiast
2,806 Posts
I had 35% thrown on my focus. No issues with the spoiler or anything. Guys had it done in 2 hours and it looks great minus a nick on the driver said where my cig hit it.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
I had 15% on my Mustang, loved it. Backing up was hard at night but how often do you have to go in reverse?
It depends on who you are and what you do normally. I would say in a normal 7 day/night week I have to back up 4 or 5 times in the dark. Many times I'm backing up 100+ feet down a driveway at night. That said, I still have my windows tinted 15% and just roll them down even in the winter.

Getting pulled over for tint is sometimes an issue here in missouri, however I've driven my truck all over the state and have yet to get pulled with it being as dark as it is.

Heres one last shot but from the inside of my truck and you can see its not horrible to look out of. Time of photo is 5:00 central time, and its raining.

I would say that's pretty dark. To me it seems the photo looks a lot lighter due to the camera settings. If it was bright inside the car the camera wouldn't have adjusted the ISO and made the picture grainy. It does that in dark photos so you can see things. I wouldn't want to be driving that in my daily driving (through the country roads at night where I need lights).

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
It is easy to drive at night but I am used to it. Backing trailers up at night will always suck regardless lol.

Im getting LED headlights soon for the visibility factor in front of me.

For most people i recommend 20% all around. The front doors are supposed to be 35% and if thats what you want, great, I'll gladly put it on, however 99% of everyone likes a uniform look without being too dark, 20% film offers this.
How is it "easy"? I Just don't get it. You can't see out of your rearview with that sort of tint. Without tint, I can see just fine.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
How is it "easy"? I Just don't get it. You can't see out of your rearview with that sort of tint. Without tint, I can see just fine.
It's easy for me because I do it everyday. I have a vinyl on my back glass so I don't use my rear view mirror anyway. I can see out of the sides just fine. And if I can't, then I roll it down

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
Had my fiancés car tinted when I got it for her 35% front windshield the whole thing 20% driver and passenger and 5% everything else I love it and she loves it the low is 35% though but no tickets yet

Ps if you guys don't have your front window tinted you're missing out

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

My Cobra has 20% all around, except the windshield. I think it's about perfect, but you do have to strain a bit to back up at night or make 90 degree turns on darker streets. I'll crack my windows sometimes anyways.

I've been in friends' cars with 5% and there's no way in hell I'd go that dark on a DD, lol. Rolling down the windows to even change lanes at night in freezing weather is a bitch. Might do it on a strict show car though, since it does look badass from the outside.

It's a well known fact that Virginia cops are Nazis when it comes to car mods. I'd never live there for that reason alone.

I've gotta give it to the cops around my area though. I've never been pulled over (knock on wood), or even heard any stories of people being pulled over for tint, even though a lot of cars are tinted around here and anything darker than 35% is illegal.

If you're ever in maysville ga crack your windows they love tint tickets

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
7,918 Posts
It depends on who you are and what you do normally. I would say in a normal 7 day/night week I have to back up 4 or 5 times in the dark. Many times I'm backing up 100+ feet down a driveway at night. That said, I still have my windows tinted 15% and just roll them down even in the winter.
Yea its all relative. For me it was mostly just my driveway, which I can do blindfolded. Only a few times did I have to stick my head out the window lol

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
I have 5% on the GTO and I also had 5% on my Cobalt and Mustang. I also work nights and live in a rural area and never have problems.

You aren't allowed any tint on the front windows in Delaware but my wife gets a medical waiver so we never get hassled.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
I run 20% all around on my cars. Anything darker is too dark for a car that gets driven a lot imo.
I also usually do a 5% brow strip on them. Really helps with sun.

PA law is whatever on the back, 70% on the front two, nothing on the windshield. Pretty ridiculous imo. I've never been pulled over yet (knock on wood) though.
I'd love to do 35% on the windshield of my mustang but I'd assume that is just asking for a ticket.

20% on my mustang

20% on my Subaru DD

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
I usually go 15% on all windows in my previous Mustangs. I will not tint the windows in my Boss for obvious reason. I also had 15% on my FX4 F150 to match the tint to my back windows and it looked at worked good. I would never go darker than 15% and I would never tint my windshield. I personally think its incredibly dangerous to tint your windshield.

I hate brow strips because I am tall and have to look under them to see the traffic lights. I drove a truck for awhile one time with a brow strip and it was annoying as hell constantly bowing my head below it to see the traffic lights if I was the first person at the light.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
This reminded me of the time a FHP officer stopped me and made me roll up my windows in the Mustang to measure my tint lol. He obviously saw my car before and wanted to stop me but couldn't. Windows had been down since I pulled it out of the garage. Got popped for it but that's been my only tint ticket. Surprisingly he didn't notice the windshield which was 35% lol.

·
instagram:AndyRooney89
23 Posts
my car is 5% all the way around but my wife's Yukon is another story lol. 1% all the way around. 20% on the windshield with a brow 4 inches passed the legal line. cops love me here in east texas lol

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
5% always. It's illegal in FL but I've had it on 2 different cars totalling 10 years and have never had a single peep of anything from police, even while pulled over for other things like speeding. Maybe its the sun we have here, or the car is clean otherwise, not sure. It's rare here for people to have issues although I have heard of it... something like $95 but if you remove it and bring it in to field office it gets lowered.

To me its worth the nice looks, protected interior and privacy on the road.

Edit: If the cop uses the device to measure light through the window you can attempt fighting it over lack of calibration of the device. How do you and/or the cop know that its accurate?

21 - 40 of 80 Posts