Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the motor just clicks,it rolled down just fine but didn't go back up,any suggestion,and how much will one cost

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I have the same problem except mine isnt completely out.

Its the bearing in the motor. it is stripped. Mine goes up and down but the motor doesnt stop when the glass reaches the top or bottom and starts clicking/ popping.

Anyway I suggest you call ford and give them your Vin number and ask what the oem part number is for the window motor so that you can get one that will fit correctly. I tried an autozone replacement and it didnt fit right.

My actual motor will cost close to 100 bucks.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Sounds stripped... You can try hitting right at the speaker...that's what I do...but mines got like a bad connection or something

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
watever you dont go to the ford place, theyll charge u out the ass.
Go to Advance Auto tell them the problem(the guy came out and looked at mine), they'll order u a motor, might take a couple days to come in, they'll call you when its in, ya pick it up there and u can get a $15 back for core charge when u turn ur old motor in.

Installing mine was tricky. MAKE SURE you get someone to hold the window before you disconnect the motor IT WILL FALL. It took about an hour for me and it fit fine, works great now.

I paid $67 before core charge

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Hit the door panel right behind the speaker or take the door panel of and youll have access to the center of the motor give it a little wack with a hammer or similar and that should do the trick.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Hit the door panel right behind the speaker or take the door panel of and youll have access to the center of the motor give it a little wack with a hammer or similar and that should do the trick.
Yep.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
haha very nice. Hopefully it'll stay fixed

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
mine would roll up but not all the way and sometimes it wouldnt work at all. it suckeddd had to fix it. Still wont roll ALL THE WAY up tho... =/

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have heard of guys holding the button down and then slamming the door shut a couple times to get it to start working again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts