Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I finally took the time to go through a lot of the stickies :cool: and I watched video on how to remove stained water spots on windows but I was wondering what all products woud be effective to resolve this problem and if they are available without ordering them online... once again, thank you guys!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Ok, so I finally took the time to go through a lot of the stickies :cool: and I watched video on how to remove stained water spots on windows but I was wondering what all products woud be effective to resolve this problem and if they are available without ordering them online... once again, thank you guys!
Some guys use vinegar but sometimes that will not completely remove the spot. That is the only thing I could think of that you wouldnt have to order online.

Now for online products Zat used DP Auto Glass Restorer on his back windshield and it did the trick. I bought Chemical Guys Water Spot Remover, have not had the chance to try it out but I have heard nothing but good.

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See I had heard vinegar worked but the source ay the time seemed rather "unreliable" (i think he was a meth head) anyway thats neither here nor there I just didnt want to tackle it with vinegar and have it become worse!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I always had great luck using Menzerna and an orange pad on my rotary... Sounds retarded, but it ALWAYS worked for me.
Which one man Powergloss, SIP, 203S, 85RD? I know 203S and a green pads does a nice job:yes

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Intensive Polish. It's right below 203 in cut. Almost the same. I just throw the rotary at 2k with a 3" pad and go to town.

It gets alot of work on softer clears because of the worktime and the cut. Works very well on Acuras/Nissans/Hondas that aren't completely ragged.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I usually clay and hit them with the polish that I'm using as well. I just didn't recommend it to the OP since I know he'll be doing this by hand.

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am going to try to clay them first off, since I have it readily available, and if that doesn't work i will move futher down the line and try the 2 part products... I'll keep everyone updated thanks!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Intensive Polish. It's right below 203 in cut. Almost the same. I just throw the rotary at 2k with a 3" pad and go to town.

It gets alot of work on softer clears because of the worktime and the cut. Works very well on Acuras/Nissans/Hondas that aren't completely ragged.
Nice, thanks I also used that combo but on a 4" pad uber green pad via the makita. I went up to 1800 rpm and then finished it down. I was actually looking to invest in something in between 203S and 85RD. I was looking into DoDo Juice Lime Prime after seeing its abilities via rotary and how it finishes down even on when use with a yellow 3M pad is amazing. The Mothers Professional line polishes were sent to me from Jim at Mothers to try out, I do like them, they are a bit runny which is not bad because a little goes a long way, they have long work times and finish down nicely.

So far I have the following:

Compounds: M105, Mothers Pro Heavy Duty Compound #81232, Mothers Pro Regular Compound #81132, Optimum Compound, 3M rubbing compound

Medium Polishes: Menz 203S, Mothers Pro Machine Glaze #82332, Optimum Polish II

Finishing Polishes: Menz 85RD, M205, Mothers Pro Foam Pad Polish #83432, AG Super Resin Polish

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh.... I fogot to ask, should I still use the quick detailer on my windows when using the clay bar? Or should I use another product

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Oh.... I fogot to ask, should I still use the quick detailer on my windows when using the clay bar? Or should I use another product
Yes use a quick detailer with the clay each time if you use, say soap and water with your Mothers clay it will degrade it and make it fall apart. The only clays you can use your wash soap and wash water do that with are Bilt Hamber, Gloss it, Autowerkes and a few others.

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes use a quick detailer with the clay each time if you use, say soap and water with your Mothers clay it will degrade it and make it fall apart. The only clays you can use your wash soap and wash water do that with are Bilt Hamber, Gloss it, Autowerkes and a few others.
Wow, I dont know how you guys know all this stuff, blows my mind! Anyway thank you for answering that question danny.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Wow, I dont know how you guys know all this stuff, blows my mind! Anyway thank you for answering that question danny.
No problem, there is plenty of knowledge between all of us man so stick around:yes, I like to learn abut new products and techniques as much as I can:D

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Same here... there is no such thing as too much knowledge!!! :D

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
None of us learned it overnight... I can tell you that much

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Exactly. I've been detailing heavy for about 5-6 years now. The more time you spend the more you learn.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I have only been at it for 1 1/2 years =P

1 - 20 of 25 Posts