Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2001 Ford Mustang 3.8. Its been a month now that ive been dealing with a window problem. It will roll up about 3/4 of the way and the window seems to bend in towards the cabin of the car and pushes against the tweeter of the mach system. I took the door panel off tonight and spent about 2 hours trying to figure it out. The ball that is on the rear part of the door on the vertical track is off. I can push it on and it will stay on until i try rolling it up. It's like theres a pressure pushing the ball away from the track. I've done everything I can think of and its to no avail. Please, if you have any advice, let me know! Thanks! - Jayson :(

·
Registered
461 Posts
Buy a haynes repair manual and go through the steps to remove and replace the glass. Its the easiest way to get it back on track. It fell off track from being rolled all the way down and the door being slammed. In the future always put the window up a little so you can see the glass between the weather stripping before closing your door.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i actually had this same problem last week with mine. i had to remove my door panel and remove the front and rear tracks once i removed both racks i removed the rear of the window from the retainer bracket cleaned and reapplied the urethane placing window back into slot. I also had to drill out the rivet that attaches the window holder to the track ( i found that that was causing a bind ) once i drilled out rivet i re-attached with a bolt and nut ) then installed the front and rear tracks as needed ( had to re adjust the front and rear track with the gold colored bolts that are built into nuts ) after messing with the adjustments for a bit I finally got everything into track.... dunno if this helps but i hope it might. wish i had pics of what i did but i thought Hey what are the odds someone else will have the problem lol anywho ill help with what i can if u need

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the help. But the way those god damn mustang windows were installed its such a tight space to work with. I think I'm just gonna take it in somewhere and get an estimate for it to be fixed. I'm not usually one to do so, but I don't wanna mess it up any more than it already is lol. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts