Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidently left my driver's side window cracked and rain got onto the door lock/window buttons. Now my windows, radio, windshield wipers, cruise control, traction control buttons/switches don't work. My locks, horn, blinkers, gauge cluster and dome lights work. Another thing to note is that when i turn the vehicle on theres about a 10 second delay before the gauges and odometer turn on, whereas they normally come on immediately.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was thinking that getting water in the buttons maybe caused a short so i disassembled the panel on the driver side door and blasted the Heat and left the car running hoping it would dry things out. When I went back outside a few minutes ago I could tell that the windshield wipers came back on for a moment.. also the radio is now working. But.... now its happening again. If i hit a windows button the radio shuts off. If i turn the windshield wipers on the radio turns off. Not to mention the windows and windshield wipers don't work when I hit the buttons. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to get back to Boston and have a three hour trip ahead of me and need to get home so I can go to work in the morning LOL

·
All **** All The Time
2,917 Posts
If it got wet you will need to dry everything out thoroughly before going any further to see if something shorted out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts