Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my windows wont roll up for some reason.. i replaced the relay to it and nothing bought new window motors Nothing cant seem to figure out what the hell is wrong but when i push the up button on the switch my inside light is coming on any help would be great

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
If you're hitting the switch and the inside lights are dimming it's obviously still drawing power. It absolutely sounds impossible for both motors to fail simultaneously. Have you tried running power to the motor directly for shits and giggles? Bad ground?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i open my door my lights dont come on but when i push the up button or the down button the light comes on but idk i replaced everything i can think of right now

·
Registered
487 Posts
give the panel a hit just above the speaker while pushing the button

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Pull the panel off. The apply 12 volts to the motors leads.
My drivers window used to do this. I was told that leaving the window all the way down for long periods of time causes it.

·
thechris90
62 Posts
looks as tho u have a bad ground my friend, my windows sometimes get stuck and dont go back down. i just give em a nice love tap and that fixes it, but looks as tho u have somethin odd goin on

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes i know its making me mad in a way spent over 200 dollars in parts and its still not working :(

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Had the same problem Even after I ordered a new Switch come to find out the new switch was grounded out too, and they had to send me a new switch which fixed the issue. AHHH the Chinese garbage they are making these days. I am convinced you have a BAD new switch....

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
I am gonna agree with Pate on this one, probably a bad switch.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had the same problem Even after I ordered a new Switch come to find out the new switch was grounded out too, and they had to send me a new switch which fixed the issue. AHHH the Chinese garbage they are making these days. I am convinced you have a BAD new switch....

even know i switched the 1 of the switches with another used 1?? can u send me a link to where u bought urs?

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Are you certain the used switch was functioning properly? I ended up going to the dealer for my Window switch and threw the Chinese one in the air for target practicing.

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
yes i know its making me mad in a way spent over 200 dollars in parts and its still not working :(
Maybe it's time to take it to a pro, as it is you're just wasting money guessing. If your int. lights come on with the switch it has nothing to do with your windows or switches, you have an electrical issue somewhere, possibly frayed/melted wires in the doorjamb or elsewhere.

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Woulda been diagnosed by $200 I'd bet. You threw parts at it and are exactly where you started but $200 poorer. If your window stops working, sure, it could be a motor, switch, relay, but if it stops working and the dome light comes on its not that simple.
Don't need to go to Ford, a good shop could diagnose it as well, I do that kinda stuff often.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts