Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lurker
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I bought a 2011 gt with 72k miles. The only thing wrong with it is that the windshield wipers and washer fluid do not work. I've checked the fuse 45 under the passenger kick panel, the fuse 9 under hood, and the relay for wipers, (visual and swapping around with others) and still nothing. I tried to look up the schematic for the lever switch on the steering column, but all I seem to find is the older stuff. I wanted to jump some pins to see if it was the switch unit itself. Does anyone know what pins control the wipers? And am I missing any components? I don't think it would be the motor only because I do not hear the relay switch on. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great, thanks

·
Registered
856 Posts
I wish I knew the answer, I wonder why the dealership didnt fix that for you?

·
Lurker
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are going to this weekend, I just wanted to see if I could save myself the hour trip there. They only had the car on the lot for 2 days before I got it, and one of those days they were closed.

·
Registered
856 Posts
They are going to this weekend, I just wanted to see if I could save myself the hour trip there. They only had the car on the lot for 2 days before I got it, and one of those days they were closed.
I hear ya, good luck man.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My guess would be multifunction switch. If it were just the wipers or just the pump then I'd go with the non-working item as the culprit but both leads me to the multifunction switch.

·
Lurker
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's my thinking too. I wanted to try and jump some pins on it and see if the wipers come on, but I didn't want to just randomly put power on stuff. Was hoping someone had a wire diagram, but after some googling it seems no one has any in depth technical info on these cars just yet.

·
Lurker
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Dealer diagnosed it and told me it was the motor. I figured that the washer would still work but they said that it was shorting out. New motor will be here tomorrow, so we'll see. The cowl area is not draining properly and standing water killed the motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts