Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here's the problem.... my windshield wipers used to work just fine until I got my alarm system installed, shortly after the install whenever the next time it rained I went to use my wipers and nothing... I had someone try to figure out what it could be and the only thing we came up with is maybe it has something to do with the alarm? We got to this suggestion because we straight wired to the motor (wiper motor) and got it to work on just one speed, so the motor is still good.. we think maybe the alarm installers lefted a wire open or touching? Has anyone had any problems with their wipers or have a suggestion on what it could be?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Since it's electronically controlled I imagine there's a fuse for it. I'd start with the fuse and start looking over the wiring. I'm personally not a fan of aftermarket alarm systems because they can **** with a lot of things (my dad's Lumina completely quit working due to an aftermarket alarm) and I personally think they're a waste of money because nobody goes to check on a car with the alarm going off, they just sit around complaining about it until the owner shuts it off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts