Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any other diffrence in the haeds other than the 11 and 13 bolt valve cover, and the cam girrdle/caps

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
main caps have locator pins on the romeo i think, and maybe dowel pin for heads (not 100% on that one)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the romero has a dowle that is a machined part of the girdle that covers the cams, but is the mating surface the same as the block with the coolant and oil passages?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and im talking about the heads, not the block, im wanting to put windsor heads on a romero block

·
Registered
922 Posts
and im talking about the heads, not the block, im wanting to put windsor heads on a romero block
Im about do the opposite - romeo heads on windsor block. The windsor heads have the same problem that the truck engines from that time period had - the spark plug threads strip out and you end up shooting a plug and you either have to replace the head or take it off and retap it and put an insert in it. Either way sucks balls.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Oh and one other difference - cam gears for windsor are press on, romeos are bolt on.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea the spark plugs blow on the romero to, thats y im gettin new heads, and the head i want are off EBAY and have the timeserts in all the holes, and i think i like the invedual cam girdles better, and as far as the presson gears go i should be able to use my cams off the romero heads, because press on cam gears dont seem appeling to me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts