Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Justin, Did you start with a V-6 car? I talked to Bivins and he told me to look you up. I saw your car at his old shop and it looked pretty sweet. He said you may have some good info on swapping a 351 into my 97 V6

·
Registered
1 Posts
justincrediable, i plan on doing the swap when time and money allows. could you give me a complete write up for this swap? also i plan on going manual trans preferably a 6 speed. what i really want is the 351w block all forged internals tremmec t56 high comp 11:1 ideal. i was going to go with a set of trickflow twisted wedge heads and more than likely there intake to go with it. any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
guys do you know this thread is 5 years old and the last post was over a year ago. I doubt any one thats posted on this thread is going to get back to you. i dont think any of them log on any more

·
Registered
389 Posts
guys do you know this thread is 5 years old and the last post was over a year ago. I doubt any one thats posted on this thread is going to get back to you. i dont think any of them log on any more
What's going on Ryan. I'm about to do a 351 and going to PM the OP and see if he gets back :)

I'm going to go with the fox headers and going to probably use my stock K member.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What's going on Ryan. I'm about to do a 351 and going to PM the OP and see if he gets back :)

I'm going to go with the fox headers and going to probably use my stock K member.
As much as we'd like to see him respond, he passed away in Dec of 2011. RIP Justincredible. I found this thread while doing research for a friend. Good luck with your swap.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey guys, ... I have had a nice little project parked for the last few years waiting for a rebuild. It is a '95 GT convertible with a blown 302. I broke no, 5 journal clean in half. I have a friend looking into a 351W stroker design for me that would make use of my Holley SysteMax II intake, the fully ported Edlebrock Victor Jr's, and the bad ass custom solid lifter cam. Since I have a t-5 trans. , I need to change out the flywheel. I found a place that builds adapter plates for the Holley intake to allow it to match the extended head position. I will be replacing the oil pump, distributor, and oil pan. So far, the only thing that seems to be at question is the headers. I have long tube BBK ceramics on the 302. The 302 had over 450HP and still got an incredible 25 mpg at 120mph and 4500 RPM maintained for 2 hours. We dyno for high and low emissions here in Houston, TX for State Inspections. It always passed with only 2 particles per million. I guess this motor will be interesting to compare when done.
302 with 450 HP, must be F/I?

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

As much as we'd like to see him respond, he passed away in Dec of 2011. RIP Justincredible. I found this thread while doing research for a friend. Good luck with your swap.

Sorry to hear that man and thanks for letting me know. Did you find a lot of other info while doing your searching?

I've decided to go ahead and use a TKO 600 with my setup with Fox swap headers ( probably BBK). I will use the stock K member more than likely.

In post # 10 I wonder by using a remote module type distributor does that mean the ignition module on the SN 95's won't be used? I know the Fox stang's had the module built into the distributor

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've found a ton of info, now just where to start. I'm going to help my friend with his car. A little known secret I found to make the 351 fit under the stock hood without spacing the k-member was to use Bronco motor mounts. Saleen did this on the S351's that did not have the heat extractor hood. You should be able to use a distributor from a 94-96 F-150 / Bronco with the 351. You may need to change the gear but those engines had roller cams just like the 302. Your TKO600 will most likely use a fox bell housing which means you will need a driveshaft spacer.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've found a ton of info, now just where to start. I'm going to help my friend with his car. A little known secret I found to make the 351 fit under the stock hood without spacing the k-member was to use Bronco motor mounts. Saleen did this on the S351's that did not have the heat extractor hood. You should be able to use a distributor from a 94-96 F-150 / Bronco with the 351. You may need to change the gear but those engines had roller cams just like the 302. Your TKO600 will most likely use a fox bell housing which means you will need a driveshaft spacer.
with the car I bought it has a cobra R hood so the edelbrock performer 2 intake might clear with regular mounts. But in case I decide to get the bronco ones, which Bronco? And I wanted to go with poly mounts also.

Yes I have those in my notes with getting the TKO 600. Most likely going to go through Hanlon motorsports and get the package from them

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey did you get your friend's car done?

·
Registered
389 Posts
hey did you get your friends car done?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Ford Bronco motor mounts from the last gen Bronco with 351 keep the motor low. Regardless unless you do a lot of work its hard to do it and not install a 3" cowl hood so FYI on that. Fox 351 swap headers also fit with some hammering Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1 in the tight spots. The rest is hooking up fuel supply lines, upgrading the fuel pump

21 - 32 of 32 Posts