Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Justin, Did you start with a V-6 car? I talked to Bivins and he told me to look you up. I saw your car at his old shop and it looked pretty sweet. He said you may have some good info on swapping a 351 into my 97 V6

·
Registered
1 Posts
justincrediable, i plan on doing the swap when time and money allows. could you give me a complete write up for this swap? also i plan on going manual trans preferably a 6 speed. what i really want is the 351w block all forged internals tremmec t56 high comp 11:1 ideal. i was going to go with a set of trickflow twisted wedge heads and more than likely there intake to go with it. any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
guys do you know this thread is 5 years old and the last post was over a year ago. I doubt any one thats posted on this thread is going to get back to you. i dont think any of them log on any more

·
Registered
389 Posts
guys do you know this thread is 5 years old and the last post was over a year ago. I doubt any one thats posted on this thread is going to get back to you. i dont think any of them log on any more
What's going on Ryan. I'm about to do a 351 and going to PM the OP and see if he gets back :)

I'm going to go with the fox headers and going to probably use my stock K member.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What's going on Ryan. I'm about to do a 351 and going to PM the OP and see if he gets back :)

I'm going to go with the fox headers and going to probably use my stock K member.
As much as we'd like to see him respond, he passed away in Dec of 2011. RIP Justincredible. I found this thread while doing research for a friend. Good luck with your swap.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey guys, ... I have had a nice little project parked for the last few years waiting for a rebuild. It is a '95 GT convertible with a blown 302. I broke no, 5 journal clean in half. I have a friend looking into a 351W stroker design for me that would make use of my Holley SysteMax II intake, the fully ported Edlebrock Victor Jr's, and the bad ass custom solid lifter cam. Since I have a t-5 trans. , I need to change out the flywheel. I found a place that builds adapter plates for the Holley intake to allow it to match the extended head position. I will be replacing the oil pump, distributor, and oil pan. So far, the only thing that seems to be at question is the headers. I have long tube BBK ceramics on the 302. The 302 had over 450HP and still got an incredible 25 mpg at 120mph and 4500 RPM maintained for 2 hours. We dyno for high and low emissions here in Houston, TX for State Inspections. It always passed with only 2 particles per million. I guess this motor will be interesting to compare when done.
302 with 450 HP, must be F/I?

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

As much as we'd like to see him respond, he passed away in Dec of 2011. RIP Justincredible. I found this thread while doing research for a friend. Good luck with your swap.

Sorry to hear that man and thanks for letting me know. Did you find a lot of other info while doing your searching?

I've decided to go ahead and use a TKO 600 with my setup with Fox swap headers ( probably BBK). I will use the stock K member more than likely.

In post # 10 I wonder by using a remote module type distributor does that mean the ignition module on the SN 95's won't be used? I know the Fox stang's had the module built into the distributor

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've found a ton of info, now just where to start. I'm going to help my friend with his car. A little known secret I found to make the 351 fit under the stock hood without spacing the k-member was to use Bronco motor mounts. Saleen did this on the S351's that did not have the heat extractor hood. You should be able to use a distributor from a 94-96 F-150 / Bronco with the 351. You may need to change the gear but those engines had roller cams just like the 302. Your TKO600 will most likely use a fox bell housing which means you will need a driveshaft spacer.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've found a ton of info, now just where to start. I'm going to help my friend with his car. A little known secret I found to make the 351 fit under the stock hood without spacing the k-member was to use Bronco motor mounts. Saleen did this on the S351's that did not have the heat extractor hood. You should be able to use a distributor from a 94-96 F-150 / Bronco with the 351. You may need to change the gear but those engines had roller cams just like the 302. Your TKO600 will most likely use a fox bell housing which means you will need a driveshaft spacer.
with the car I bought it has a cobra R hood so the edelbrock performer 2 intake might clear with regular mounts. But in case I decide to get the bronco ones, which Bronco? And I wanted to go with poly mounts also.

Yes I have those in my notes with getting the TKO 600. Most likely going to go through Hanlon motorsports and get the package from them

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey did you get your friend's car done?

·
Registered
389 Posts
hey did you get your friends car done?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts