Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have an 02 five speed. I am looking at getting the windstar. I am also going to just gasket match the top ports on my lower intake. Then I am wanting to get a new cam. The question I have is if i get a new cam could I use 89 octane fuel. We have a lot of 89 around here with 10% ethanol. It is the same price as 87 octane. I do not have the money to afford to always fill up with premium. Or is it a bad idea? jc. I know that if i just get the windstar and the ported lower i wont need to change to premium, it is just the cam that i am unsure of.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Chris pretty much covered what I was going to say, if you can't afford $1-$1.50 more per fill up, you may be in the wrong game.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well premium is like 20-25 cents more a gallon where i live. so 89 octane would not even make a difference? and when you say premium do you mean 91 or 93? hmm, well after thinking about it even 20-25 cents is 2dollars more per week, cuz i use like ten gallons. i guess that ain't to to bad.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
E85 is $2.60 a gallon ....same price as 87 over here....if you dont mind throughing about 10+years of the extra money spent on 93octane...260hp you would need a GT 40 pump probably with a FPDM as well and probably at least 42lb injectors

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK so for e85 i need a different fuel pump and bigger injectors? ik that it would cost way more for the bigger injectors and pump than simply using premium. Also if i get a cam would i need bigger injectors? And also what hp could i expect with the windstar and a good cam, ported lower, cai, udp, dual exhasut, and tune.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright sweet 220 aint to bad for now. Hopefully i can save the rest of my money over the next two summers and really do what i want with the car, which is procharge it.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, one last thing too. If i get a decent cam, not to crazy, but pretty decent for na would i need to get bigger injectors. also how would it work with the stock rockers? i mean would i have to adjust them, ik they are non adjustable, and that is why i am concerned if i am using a cam with more lift.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, well they will work for now unitl i get more money to get some rollers. so i do not need to adjust them or anything as long as i stay under 6k? and then i do not need to upgrade injectors either? jc.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
You may or may not need bigger injectors, depends on how much power the motor really makes, if you go with a new cam you'll be fine, if you go with a re-grind you'll prob need longer pushrods.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alright thanks so much that really clears everything up. i guess i will see if i need to get bigger injectors if i get a cam. i would not think since i got bolt ons and am just getting a cam and a windstar intake.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got to start playin the lottery and get lucky :) maybe then i can do everything i want to do to my car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.