Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be getting my TB this week, so I have a quick question. What gaskets do I need?

I have an EGR gasket, and a TB to Spacer gasket for a GT(I'm using a GT TB). Anything else? Spacer to manifold gasket or something?

I have the little rubber gaskets in the bottom of the windstar also.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...any idea what you would call that?
Although if you're talking about the maf to air filter adatper, I think there is some kind of rubber thing attached to mine.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Yea that's what I meant. I just used one off a my buddy's crown vic. You could just cut a gasket to shape if you can't find one

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. I actually got a list from Steven at VAP, looks like I need an IAC gasket. And another TB and EGR gasket.

2x TB Gaskets
2x EGR Gaskets
1x IAC Gasket

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
you will also need 6 new windstar specific upper intake to lower intake O ring type gaskets.

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
you will also need 6 new windstar specific upper intake to lower intake O ring type gaskets.
This is what i was about to question. It does NOT take a normal upper to lower intake gasket does it. Why does this gasket not come with the kit -_-
Can anyone link it by chance ?

Also, im confused about the TB portion, it seems to be set up the same way for the gasket. ?

And tell me this you have the windstar-angled TB spacer- TB
in other words you have this: |// Tell me how you supposed to screw something together at such an angle ? |//=. the head of the screw will not sit flush ?

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
This is what i was about to question. It does NOT take a normal upper to lower intake gasket does it. Why does this gasket not come with the kit -_-
Can anyone link it by chance ?

Also, im confused about the TB portion, it seems to be set up the same way for the gasket. ?

And tell me this you have the windstar-angled TB spacer- TB
in other words you have this: |// Tell me how you supposed to screw something together at such an angle ? |//=. the head of the screw will not sit flush ?
my kit came with brand new gaskets for everything

and the head of the screw goes in just like it would without the spacer it bolts flush to the throtle body.

I will have to take a look in the morning to see mine but i know what your talking about.

It all works fine though

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It all bolts together fine Mike. And if you bought a kit from VAP, you should have the o ring gaskets. Mine are green, check the stuff you got with the kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts