Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
well it all depends on what you want. most will say that the windstar will flow better, i have never used one nor do i have a ported upper intake. what i do know is that the windstar takes a little bit of modding to make it work. i think that the windstar flows a little bit better than the ported stock one. idk im sure someone will chime in here.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
oh i lied they have the whole kit. I would definately go with the windstar!! im actually looking at buying that now, i had not checked it out for over a year but wow.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah its a pretty nice kit I just dont know about giving my money to a company online i dont know that well

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Just throwin it out there i got a full windstar intake kit with an aftermarket bbk 65mm throttle body. If anyone is interested let me now

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Someone sent me a PM about a windstar intake but it got deleted. So anyone interested let me know

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
For someone doing the windstar swap I've got a cool trick. The gt tb can be used and there is no need to delete the iac on the gt stock tb(still needs to be relocated though). It is 65mm but can be wollered to 70mm. The blade is 75mm and you can pick up a few more mm's by halfshafting the arm.
You have to open up the inlet of the upper manifold though.
btw...this is my latest project.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
maybe it's just me... but I don't see why people love the windstar intake so much...(for close to stock 6ers at least, it is good for f/i setups)

but $400 for 7hp/15ft-lbs?
that just seems like a lot of money for something you'll barely notice...
plus don't you need a different hood to fit it? so that's a lot more to get a new hood and paint it...

btw you have nothing to worry about when ordering from VAP... good service there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts