Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've ever wanted to see the windstar intake (99+)

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would assume...

It either (a) came off a car of mine or (b) is going on a car on mine.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see you as the kind of guy who rocks a minivan, but you never know :shiftyeyes
No sir, which means its going on (a) mustang!

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Does the lower intake go from the single to split port to match our heads? Or do you need the heads from the windstar?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Does the lower intake go from the single to split port to match our heads? Or do you need the heads from the windstar?
i think it should fit right up to the mustang lower. i think those goofy looking things are the short runners lol. only problem is its too big for the stock hood. but he has a cowl so he could fit it.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
i think it should fit right up to the mustang lower. i think those goofy looking things are the short runners lol. only problem is its too big for the stock hood. but he has a cowl so he could fit it.
I know for sure that it won't bolt to the mustang lower. That windstar intake is technically a single port. I'm on my phone now but when I get home I will post a pic of the 99+ windstar lower.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Found one.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
ohhhhhhhh i see what your were talking about now i wasnt paying attention. yeah thats wierd but i think the short runners and long runners are combined in those types of intakes. it should flow better than the 96-98 style.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Is it going to match right up to the lower intake or are you gonna have to do some custom work? I'll definitely be watching to see how this goes :yes

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is it going to match right up to the lower intake or are you gonna have to do some custom work? I'll definitely be watching to see how this goes :yes
The lower that southfour posted.... (the one that matches this intake) is on its way to me.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just don't see this design as more efficient than the 96-98 windstar... It just doesn't look efficient. All the air is sitting in the intake until on valve opens then it all rushes out. It looks like you may be cramming more air into each cylinder compression but also making your intake work harder to keep a healthy supply of air, if you intake can't keep up with the supply this could hurt your power, but if your FI it might be an upgrade. I'm interested in how this turns out.

Please list what other mods to the motor you have to do just to get this to fit. Such as trimming the coolant over flow (the black tube on the front of the block with the screw in plug) EGR equipment, IAC, Throttle Cable, etc.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts