Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after I have learned that the m90 is not what I am going to do, ever, I want to upgrade to split port. So witch is better, a split port windstar intake w/ new heads or the SSM stage 3 powerpack? I know with the stage 3 I get a cam also, which would be good. I know there is a lot more to the split port swap than just that, but which of the 2 intakes would be better?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
So after I have learned that the m90 is not what I am going to do, ever, I want to upgrade to split port. So witch is better, a split port windstar intake w/ new heads or the SSM stage 3 powerpack? I know with the stage 3 I get a cam also, which would be good. I know there is a lot more to the split port swap than just that, but which of the 2 intakes would be better?
this has been a long debated topic. a fully ported stock upper (with posts removed, cut and welded and everything) will usually give you more hp, the windstar will usually give you more torque. its alot cheaper to buy the windstar kit because it includes the 65mm tb and everything. whereas the fully ported and modded upper from ssms costs around $500 and does not include the throttle body.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I personally think the Windstar looks badass whereas the stock upper looks like a kindergartner made it. Its really six one half a dozen the other way. I think more people may say Windstar just because it looks better. If your going to do a Windstar don't get ripped off at VAP buy the mounts and brackets from VAP but get a Windstar upper intake from a junkyard.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've consider a stage three powerpak, but would it be safe if I keep it N/A, because it show that it recommended for power adders

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm going to go FI with a Windstar upper and I will be pushing 11psi, I don't expect any issues. The windstar is a much more efficient design than the air flow pattern of the stock manifold, as well as having longer runners than the stock manifold. Those reason's are why I'm choosing the Windstar.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all your input. Glad to know what works best without breaking the bank too bad.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
in stead of geting new heads just get them p and p and then if you do what they said get a cam and windstar you will be pretty happy for being n/a

hey guys (some one with pnp heads cam and windstar) how much power you putting down or how much do you think you are i wanna know for me

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
in stead of geting new heads just get them p and p and then if you do what they said get a cam and windstar you will be pretty happy for being n/a

hey guys (some one with pnp heads cam and windstar) how much power you putting down or how much do you think you are i wanna know for me

The n/a dyno numbers on these cars are VERY inconsistent to say the least, track times would be much better.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Win

Idk I can tell u wat I am doing...its all in my garage (minues the cam lol gotta get some $ first)
Lumpy cam (ssm)
Windstar
Full exhuast
Pnp heads
So who wants to throw me a number of what I prolly could make witht tht???

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Win

Idk I can tell u wat I am doing...its all in my garage (minues the cam lol gotta get some $ first)
Lumpy cam (ssm)
Windstar
Full exhuast
Pnp heads
So who wants to throw me a number of what I prolly could make witht tht???

You might make 215-225-245

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Anyway 225/245 would make me happy lol I mean in an ohv 6er I guess thts decent...sides 245 tq with 4.10s and a light car...**** it would fly imo

1 - 20 of 29 Posts