Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LORD ZERO VENOM SUPREMACY
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i just pulled the windstar upper intake i got the 12 bolts it's just really greasy, it had lots of brown sludge inside. I bought some degreaser and cleaned a bit any help on how to get it ungreased? Also I'm in Utah and think i need the egr hooked up, so what all do i need from the windstar? I'm also going to check up on some installs for ideas on brackets and configurations any quick linkswould be appreciated thank you all :)

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Ok i just pulled the windstar upper intake i got the 12 bolts it's just really greasy, it had lots of brown sludge inside. I bought some degreaser and cleaned a bit any help on how to get it ungreased?

Get some oven cleaner and a pressure washer

Also I'm in Utah and think i need the egr hooked up, so what all do i need from the windstar?

You need the EGR mount on the lower intake from the van

I'm also going to check up on some installs for ideas on brackets and configurations any quick linkswould be appreciated thank you all :)
I put the answers in green for ya

·
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so ill go buy some cleaner and some sponges to go through the air Ports any pics on the egr parts that ill need from the can or quick links to some one who does

Sent with full 3g and 4g and no signal

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
you will need the EGR bracket from the van, here is a pic of the bracket

other side

here is the stock mustang egr bracket for reference

here is the windstar van with the manifold and egr bracket removed, red circle is the area where the EGR bracket is located

·
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here is the windstar van with the manifold and egr bracket removed, red circle is the area where the EGR bracket is )
Ok south so just the bracket i remember some one saying something like i need the whole egr or something from the van, or is this the only part i need to keep the egr?

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
here is the windstar van with the manifold and egr bracket removed, red circle is the area where the EGR bracket is )
Ok south so just the bracket i remember some one saying something like i need the whole egr or something from the van, or is this the only part i need to keep the egr?

its not the only part you need, but its the only part you need that comes from the van

got to http://www.vapauto.com/windstar_full.htm

and read the kit contents part

you need another custom bracket to mount the egr electronics, you will either need to make this yourself or find a used VAP one

its the L shaped black bracket to the right of the manifold and above the silver van bracket in this pic

·
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i think slonison has a build thread ill just see if i can check it out i guess ill also start up google again and see what i find thanks southfour

·
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also i didn't need the throttle body from the van right?

·
2013 5.0
2,982 Posts
You can use either the 99-04 GT throttle body or the windstar throttle body with the v6 throttle plate. The latter requires you to take apart the throttle body and reassembly it. The first option is simply bolton.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Also i didn't need the throttle body from the van right?

no, best bet is to pick up a stock throttle body from a 99-04 GT, they can be found all over the place for pretty cheap

the only things you need from the van are

Intake Manifold
Intake manifold bolts
Intake manifold bolt retainers (rubber things around bolts)

EGR bracket (if keeping egr)

·
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no, best bet is to pick up a stock throttle body from a 99-04 GT, they can be found all over the place for pretty cheap

the only things you need from the van are

Intake Manifold
Intake manifold bolts
Intake manifold bolt retainers :banghead: almost lost these when i was at the junk yard:banghead:--»»(rubber things around bolts)

EGR bracket (if keeping egr)
Ok will my v6 throttle body be ok?im going to do the swap maybe in a month or so im still needing the egr and some brackets and ill look out for a gt throttle body, i got a site up here that's like craigslist but more accurate search function. What would be a good price for the gt throttle body?...... And i forgot is it ok that the manifold had some brown sludge in it?

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Ok will my v6 throttle body be ok?im going to do the swap maybe in a month or so im still needing the egr and some brackets and ill look out for a gt throttle body, i got a site up here that's like craigslist but more accurate search function. What would be a good price for the gt throttle body?...... And i forgot is it ok that the manifold had some brown sludge in it?

I belive you can use the stock throttle body but Im not 100% sure on that, is been over 2 years since i did my swap and research.

go to the VAP website and look at the guide he made to modify your own manifold now that he is no longermaking them

a good price for a used GT throttle body IMO is anything $30 or less

and the sludge shouldnt be a problem as long as you completely remove it all and througoughly clean the manifold bevfore putting it on the car

·
2013 5.0
2,982 Posts
V6 throttle body is not going to fit under the stock hood.... trust me.

GT Throttle Body

V6 Throttle Body

As you can see the V6 throttle body has a hump on the top which will give you a pretty painful time trying to get the hood to close.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
yeah so just get a GT throttle body then, the internal IAC port will be too tall as slonsion mentioned on the v6 throttle, where as you will be remote mounting the IAC anyway

·
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok guys thanks I've been working so much i don't have time to clean it out and its soooo damn cold up here that thinking bout going to the car wash drains me freaking cold:banghead:

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have a gt throttle body if you need

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Ok guys thanks I've been working so much i don't have time to clean it out and its soooo damn cold up here that thinking bout going to the car wash drains me freaking cold:banghead:

do they not have fully heated indoor carwashes where you live?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts