Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mr Pimpdaddy
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , i have been looking to do a little performance mod on my 94

I have been searching the forums , and i am looking at the windstar upper intake install , but i have a couple questions that i cannot find the answers to

Questions......

does any body have any dyno charts , before and after the install

estimated cost ?

Estimated hp Upgrade ?

Difficulty ?

Is it worth it ?

any con's ?

I see that alot of people are having idling issues or running sluggish
why does every windstar swap video sound shitty ? ( under the hood )

My mustang is nice and quiet with CAI , Nothing else ......
Will this make it louder ( under the hood )

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Can you do a windstar swap on single port mustangs? I could definately be wrong but I think not...

·
Banned
13 Posts
You cannot do them on single port mustangs. You would have to swap your engine to split port.

The intake can be bought for like 40 bucks, 10$ worth of material to modify it. After that you will need a few things like an angled TB spacer, throttle linkage, and a few other things. Also the guy that sold the kit doesnt sell them anymore. But he would most likely be willing to give you the instructions and maybe sell you any extra parts he has left over.

The dyno charts are on the guys website, search vapauto. If I recall it gives about 15lbs torque and 7 hp. The thing that made me not want to do it was the physical bending of fuel lines that I really didn't want to crack or split.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Mods please sticky slonison's thread!
And op you don't have to swap your engine
Just the heads and lower Intake from a 99-04 v6

03cristian

·
Registered
234 Posts
as stated above You would have to change heads, lower intake, fuel rail and modify the fuel system to work with you 94 return style fuel system. I think there is an aftermarket fuel rail out there that will work for it. In all honesty from what iv'e found with the 94/95 block If you go that route I would just get a complete engine from a 99 through 04. preferably 02 to 04, they make 40 more horsepower than the old 3.8. If you had the 96/98 revised block, I would say go for it. But all this is just my opinion.

I also have a 94 v6. I replaced the engine due to headgasket problems, and swapped in an engine from a 97. Not too many mods that I have found for the old 3.8's as they are but there are mods none the less. I considered getting underdrive pulleys for mine and Iv'e heard they work pretty well for a quick hp gain.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Mods please sticky slonison's thread!
And op you don't have to swap your engine
Just the heads and lower Intake from a 99-04 v6

03cristian
Crap I take that back,i just realized what I posted yeah, just get a whole engine

03cristian

·
Mr Pimpdaddy
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you

You cannot do them on single port mustangs. You would have to swap your engine to split port.

The intake can be bought for like 40 bucks, 10$ worth of material to modify it. After that you will need a few things like an angled TB spacer, throttle linkage, and a few other things. Also the guy that sold the kit doesnt sell them anymore. But he would most likely be willing to give you the instructions and maybe sell you any extra parts he has left over.

The dyno charts are on the guys website, search vapauto. If I recall it gives about 15lbs torque and 7 hp. The thing that made me not want to do it was the physical bending of fuel lines that I really didn't want to crack or split.

Thank you guys , i really appreciate it , ... it dosent look like im going to be doing this any time soon , i recently blew a head gasket and dished out 600+ for a new top end , and its hard for me to throw all that away and do it all over again

Is it really worth it ?

·
Mr Pimpdaddy
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as stated above You would have to change heads, lower intake, fuel rail and modify the fuel system to work with you 94 return style fuel system. I think there is an aftermarket fuel rail out there that will work for it. In all honesty from what iv'e found with the 94/95 block If you go that route I would just get a complete engine from a 99 through 04. preferably 02 to 04, they make 40 more horsepower than the old 3.8. If you had the 96/98 revised block, I would say go for it. But all this is just my opinion.

I also have a 94 v6. I replaced the engine due to headgasket problems, and swapped in an engine from a 97. Not too many mods that I have found for the old 3.8's as they are but there are mods none the less. I considered getting underdrive pulleys for mine and Iv'e heard they work pretty well for a quick hp gain.

Thanks for the Advice . theres a junk yard up here ( fill up a wheel barrel with anything u can ) = $ 200.00 +tax , so i might look into building an engine :)

another thing , what do the under drive pullys do ? how do they work ?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
They are just undersized pulleys that fit on your accessories that deliver more power to your crank than to your a/c, power steering, etc. They dont add horsepower, simply free up lost horse that your old bigger pulleys used.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
They are just undersized pulleys that fit on your accessories that deliver more power to your crank than to your a/c, power steering, etc. They dont add horsepower, simply free up lost horse that your old bigger pulleys used.
This!

03cristian

·
SpamBOT
91 Posts
may not need a whole engine if you resurface the heads and block and get head studs with a high grade MLS gasket. however the 99 up blocks are stronger and the head bolts are longer than te 94-95 I believe

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Having semi-recently put in a ported lower + windstar upper I really saw no improvement in the car. It was a huge headache for essentially nothing in return. I got it tuned afterwards and that made a MUCH bigger increase IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts