Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any body have the windstar with an intake spacer? just wondering if its a good ideal to buy both, the windstar kit and the intake spacer, or just go with the windstar kit?:confused: also i plan on getting the lower intake port and polished by ssm. :p

·
Registered
461 Posts
The intake spacer is ment to run with the stock upper, it extends the longer runners as well as the shorter runners to close to the same length as those of the windstar.

The spacer will more than likely hurt performance with the windstar as it extends the already longer runners and may make them to long.

Another issue is this will not fit under your stock hood.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The intake spacer is ment to run with the stock upper, it extends the longer runners as well as the shorter runners to close to the same length as those of the windstar.

The spacer will more than likely hurt performance with the windstar as it extends the already longer runners and may make them to long.

You are making an educated guess as to whether or not the windstar is exactly the right length when you speculate that adding a spacer would detectably decrease performance.

The big issue I see is that the windstar won't fit under a stock hood with a spacer under it. You'll blow major $$s buying and painting an aftermarket hood.

Even if the spacer gained a couple of hp, it would be like $200 or $300 of cost per horsepower. By comparison, the windstar can be done for $500 and it gets at least 5hp for a cost of $100 per hp.

A supercharger at something like $4000 gains 60 - 100 hp for a cost as low as $40 per hp.

Nitrous really pegs bang for the buck at less than $500 for 75 hp boost. Yep, that is less than $10 per hp!

Just get the Windstar without the spacer. You will notice the improvement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It fits if you have a reverse hood. Since you have a 99 I'm assuming you have the forward hood without the scoop (Cant really tell from your avatar pic). But someone already posted proof that it fits. I believe he posted here and other forums. Herewindstar+spacer, fits :)

Just get the intake and save for the lower.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
It can be done. Just not under the stock hood.

All you do is use the bolts that come with the spacer and the grommets from the WS. But you need to replace the long bolts with short bolts.

I might try the spacer with the WS with the ported lower. Just to see.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i have the forward hood. i really dont want to get a new hood so ill just stick with the ws. and get the lower intake as well. thanks... so a 75 shot of nitrous is safe on a stock block?

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
100 is border line. SSMS runs 150 on their built 4.3. any more and they have trouble with the heads lifting even with head studs.

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts

You are making an educated guess as to whether or not the windstar is exactly the right length when you speculate that adding a spacer would detectably decrease performance.

The big issue I see is that the windstar won't fit under a stock hood with a spacer under it. You'll blow major $$s buying and painting an aftermarket hood.

Even if the spacer gained a couple of hp, it would be like $200 or $300 of cost per horsepower. By comparison, the windstar can be done for $500 and it gets at least 5hp for a cost of $100 per hp.

A supercharger at something like $4000 gains 60 - 100 hp for a cost as low as $40 per hp.

Nitrous really pegs bang for the buck at less than $500 for 75 hp boost. Yep, that is less than $10 per hp!

He never never it was a fact. Just that it might ... sheez

Plus the info is out their. Give the guy a hint and make him read the rest.

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts

He never never it was a fact. Just that it might ... sheez He said everything you did besides the hp/$ **** no one asked for :shiftyeyes

Plus the info is out their. Give the guy a hint and make him read the rest.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Even if it gives only .01 of a second. Do it with 100 things and it will add up to a whole second.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
as long as the spacer is port matched with your upper and lower runners then it will add some torque and there shouldn't be any upper horsepower loss.this mod would be more common for people to do if VAP said it would clear the stock hood.

On their dyno they didnt get any hp loss and that ws done with the stock intake. with the windstar the short runners are even shorter so if they didnt lose any power with the stock intake id highly doubt you would with the windstar.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
If you have a gasket matched lower and upper (windstar is matched) then you are good. The spacer is exact same shape as the gaskets.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts