Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was finally nice here in WI so I decided to take the mustang out(sick of driving my civic). I have a nice little warm up, nothing above normal driving for about a while. After that, I get on it a little, have some fun and go back home. Next day, I take it out again for about 20 minutes, little warm up, then I really get on it once and go back home, Yay. About a week later, it's a real nice saturday, I'm like,"Awesome, I'm gonna drive this thing all day and tonight show the rice boys how slow their cars really are!"(my civic is faster than a lot of them, I'm not banging on imports, just their rice). I start the mustang up and let it warm up in the garage. When I go to leave I back out of the garage and notice a little wet spot on the ground. Nothing big right, maybe the exhaust/condensation something or other, No, It's F'n coolant. Long story short, I blew an intake manifold gasket before I even got a chance to drive it in public this year. Now it's nice out and I'm stuck driving my civic and only being able to look at my mustang.:(

Anyone else get it as bad as me?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump??

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
u sure it was a gasket and not a cracked intake manifold

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Positive. I was sure it was the manifold at first but when I got it off I couldn't find anything wrong with it. The gasket on the other hand was pretty sad looking in one place.

I'm not going to risk it though, apparently these npi intakes suck anyway. I'm going to attempt the pi manifold swap and probably ruin my car in the process.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still torn on that one.
Some say the gain is negligible. Others say it's worth it.
I was kind of thinking of selling it and maybe getting a 99-02ish if i can find a deal.
Now I've got to fix it though.

Also, I've heard the PI swap isn't even really considered in resale values, which is kind of lame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts