Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty guys and girls I need some help. I'm hoping others have had some experience with some of these, maybe, maybe not. I'm going to be using it for everything including on the jet ski so it has to be waterproof (not resistant). I also need something pretty loud as on the jet ski even idling took full volume from the Photive Hydra.

My Photive Hydra just died after a ride on the ski. It was a great speaker for the money. However somehow the front got dented and I think that broke the waterproof seal. Fell in the footwell with water and it started going haywire.

So with that said I'm looking at a few other models this time around. Anyone have any experience with these following speakers?

BRAVEN BRV-X
UE MEGABOOM
UE BOOM

Bonus Picture:

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
My buddy has the Megaboom and we take it tubing all the time. No issues with the water. Good sound too.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My buddy has the Megaboom and we take it tubing all the time. No issues with the water. Good sound too.
Is it really loud? Ever heard something in the $100 price range to compare it to?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Is it really loud? Ever heard something in the $100 price range to compare it to?
Pretty loud for what we use it for. As for on the jet ski...dunno there :lol

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would do the Braven because, cost, looks cooler and looks easier to mount to something.
I know right... I'm leaning towards the Braven or saying **** it and get the UE Megaboom just because I want something loud. I really don't like the round design on the UE Megaboom since that won't be that great on the ski. Been trying to think of what I can do. I have some heavy duty 3M Dual Lock velcro but not sure how well it will stick to the speaker.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'm weak. I ended up getting the UE Megaboom in black / blue from Amazon. Coming tomorrow, one day shipping for $5, yes pls. Found a case for it that you can use the speaker with it. Thinking it might be a good idea for this kind of investment in a wireless speaker lol.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was going to give you guys a temporary ban for misusing the report spam button but I didn't want to lose 25% of our active members.

By the way has Zippy stopped by recently?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts