Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 GT which I just acquired. I am removing some stereo equipment the previous owner had installed. When I removed the plastic stereo bezel I found two gray cables about the size of a pencil with multi pin connectors installed on the end. The cables do not connect together and one connector has metal on the outside and appears to have power going to it. Does anyone know what these cables connect to? I am wondering if they went to the original stereo equipment.

Help

·
Registered
321 Posts
It goes to the mach 460. I have the sae wires. However I dont know where they go either. Do u have the two sets of wiring harnesses coming off of the head unit?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the mach 460? The wires are cut which would have gone to the head unit so I don't know. I could post a picure of the wiring tomorrow but I dont have my camera with me right now.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
321 Posts
Some of our cars came factory with a sound system that had a 3 amp setup. It's called the mach 460. Mach 460 Information. That'll tell you about it. I dont know how to hyperlink. Sorry

·
Registered
321 Posts
It gets confusing my friend. I believe as soon as I get back home I'm going to remove all of my factory stereo, and put in some aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
444 Posts
that is the factory harness. when i purchased mine someone stole the aftermarket radio and i was left with just wires. are the wires comming out of it color coded (just like speaker wires) then have a layer of aluminum foil looking stuff and a bare wire not insulated?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Aluminum foil? That kinda loses me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts