Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install a 5.0 in a 88 that used to have a 2.3 in it and can't seem to find a complete diagram of what all the wire at the EEC are for. The donor car is a 86 cougar. I have the basic engine wiring figured but can't seem to find out what the rest of the wiring is for. I know some was for the AC and have eliminated that but am stuck on the other circuits. The donor car had every option available in 86 and all the cavities are full in the EEC. Can anyone help with a diagram.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I am trying to install a 5.0 in a 88 that used to have a 2.3 in it and can't seem to find a complete diagram of what all the wire at the EEC are for. The donor car is a 86 cougar. I have the basic engine wiring figured but can't seem to find out what the rest of the wiring is for. I know some was for the AC and have eliminated that but am stuck on the other circuits. The donor car had every option available in 86 and all the cavities are full in the EEC. Can anyone help with a diagram.

Try this website, lots of color wiring diagrams thanks to TMOSS.

Mustang FAQ - Engine Information

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
u may have problems with the 2 plugs at the fierwall on the driverside behind the strut tower thats where i hit a snag just switching 5.0 wireing harnesses lol

are you keeping smog?can u post pics of the plugs that u cant find where they go i just put my engine in i may be able to help..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 86 Cougar is donating the wiring, trans and diff. The engine is out of a 88 mustang GT and it is a HO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts