Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to think I need to update my electrical system in my 66. I have looked all over the internet and have found kits ranging from around 400-1000 dollars. Most of the cheaper kits seem to have everything I would need, but I am confused as to why they are so cheap compared to the other systems. I wonder if they are more incomplete or that they are missing things I might need. Can someone offer some help on what they have used and how it worked? I am basically interested in a kit that I wouldn't have to add things to later, but I am not into totally modifying off from the original equipment. Thanks.

Shawn

·
I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
1,166 Posts
get with mustang one he has a site and is on here frequently, he knows his stuff. sorry i dont have an answer for ya.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Hello, Welcome to MM Forums.

The main thing you DO NOT want to do is use anything Like Painless Wiring. It should be Called Pain in the ass Wiring.

I Have nothing Good to say About Painless wiring. :puke

The reason they are so cheap is you have to use all your old connectors, And they are cheap Crap.

The best wiring for your car and the easest to install and for anyone to work on your car. is the Factory stock wiring.

It will look just like, Work just like, Plug into evey thing just like it should.

It will also work for a good 30 years with no problems.

You can buy every thing for your car for less than $900 and install it all on a Saturday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts