Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hiya,

This is my first time posting about my first ever mustang i bought. I have been looking to buy a mustang and found this very cheap 5.0 so bought it.
for the moment, the problems with it were,

- Steering rack is leaking and steering is running free from right
- A/C compassor bearing and clutch broken
- driver seat motor not working
- Wiring bad
- reverse light not turning on
- check engine sign on with heat sign
- rims slightly hit from curbs it seems

apart from those problems, i dont seem to see any others

first question first, i need to know something about the wirings of this car, some wirings are just hanging out freely, could someone help me trying to find where these wires and hoses go?

Coming from the passenger seat area

its the second wire from alternator, one is connected to semething and second is this hanging free

some port on the left side in the trunk

better view of the port

a whole branch of wiring dunno where it goes, its in the trunk also

two hoses, for what?

better view of the area, so you could know what these could be for?

vaccuum hoses? dont know but they are plugged, should they be or they go somewhere?

an image of the control panel and check engine and all other signs which i see

the car

the car

the car

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
first picture looks like someone tried to run there own power wire for something maybe subs or some sort of aftermarket electronic device ( just yank it out)

Second pictures looks like a possible ground wire

Third picture is your fuel pump shut off switch which shuts off the pump in case in the event of something

4th picture looks like the plug for the fuel pump shut off switch

5th picture looks like wiring for the Mach 460

6th/7th pictures if im not mistaken is the either high or low pressure for your A/C pump that leads to your condenser in which it looks like it snapped and then they welded it back together somehow

8th picture looks to be a vacuum line that is not connected and plugged by a screw:shiftyeyes

hope this helped

·
Resident Headbanger
2,433 Posts
Hi Sameer,
From the yellow licence plate on your car, I can see that you're from Oman so I'm not that far away from you (Al Ain, UAE).
The wiring in the first photo looks like a nasty bird's nest. That white one's going nowhere so remove it. I can't tell where the yellow one is going though but check in front of the AC condenser in case the previous owner installed an extra electric fan.
I also agree that the hanging wire in the second photo is probably a ground wire, and it could explain why your gauges have strange readings at idle.
The two hoses in photos 6 and 7 are from the heater core. Looks like the heater core has been bypassed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
first picture looks like someone tried to run there own power wire for something maybe subs or some sort of aftermarket electronic device ( just yank it out)

Second pictures looks like a possible ground wire

Third picture is your fuel pump shut off switch which shuts off the pump in case in the event of something

4th picture looks like the plug for the fuel pump shut off switch

5th picture looks like wiring for the Mach 460

6th/7th pictures if im not mistaken is the either high or low pressure for your A/C pump that leads to your condenser in which it looks like it snapped and then they welded it back together somehow

8th picture looks to be a vacuum line that is not connected and plugged by a screw:shiftyeyes

hope this helped
wiring for the mach? so i dont need to worry about that

and the fuel pump shut off, does that need to go somewhere? do i put it somewhere or just let it be as it is?

Hi Sameer,
From the yellow licence plate on your car, I can see that you're from Oman so I'm not that far away from you (Al Ain, UAE).
The wiring in the first photo looks like a nasty bird's nest. That white one's going nowhere so remove it. I can't tell where the yellow one is going though but check in front of the AC condenser in case the previous owner installed an extra electric fan.I also agree that the hanging wire in the second photo is probably a ground wire, and it could explain why your gauges have strange readings at idle.
The two hoses in photos 6 and 7 are from the heater core. Looks like the heater core has been bypassed.
The yellow line is going to the radiator, so i guess its for an extra fan in there, i will take some pix of where it is going, actually to two raleys some wire are coming to on the driver side just behind the headlamps, i will take some pix when i am home today to post here.

could you please explain how i ground the ground wire? cuz once i had my car shut down and not running for two days and started to work when i touched all wires trying to track what's going on and nothing seemed wrong except for these naked wires and somehow everything became clearer

do i need to worry about the heater core?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
you dont need to worry about the mach system if it was bypassed. For the fuel pump cut off switch is there anything plugged into it. If not then thats the plug. If so then thats for somethin totally different.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,433 Posts
do i need to worry about the heater core?
No. It already looks like it's been bypassed and I don't think it's ever cold enough in Oman to need the heater. I bypassed mine several months ago.
The two relays behind the driver's side headlamp could be for two extra electric fans. I also have two extra fans mounted in front of the AC condenser with two relays but I added a toggle switch to operate them only when I need them, which is almost never.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so for the wiring, i could be all right if i cut the white wire which isnt going anywhere, ground the alternator wire (where tho?) and forget about the fuel cutter and mach wires, that's it, i am all right with the wiring job?

and what about the check engine and all other signs? how do you think i can get rid of those?

·
Resident Headbanger
2,433 Posts
1. Trace the white wire back to where it comes from (probably inside the car) and remove it.
2. I'm not 100% sure that wire coming from the alternator is a ground but if it IS, you can extend it to the negative battery terminal. That might correct the problem with the gauges/warning lights.
3. Your wheels are the same as mine (from a '99 GT) but your center caps are missing.

Where in Oman are you situated?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i m from muscat bullet,
thank you for your help, i will try to cut the white wire and check for the alternator grounding, if i put the wrong wire to battery negative, will it affect my vehicle in any other way?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay...i wanted to go and ground the black wire, but quiet interestingly, its not alternator, just below the power steering thingy its the AC compressor, so that black wire hanging is from compressor not from the alternator.
i will take better pictures tomorow and post them here.
also i tried to track some of the other cables just to find there is a cable running under the exhaust manifold to the exhaust pipe, didnt go under the car to see where it leads to as it was dark when i reached back after work. so will check and take pictures tomorow.

do you guys think if i start removing wires will be able to connect them, or re wire it myself, or will it be a very difficult task for me?

my previous experience with working on car is on my carburator suzuki swift 1992, which was pretty easy to work on, i only have worked on its removal or carb, engine head, brakes, manifold, alternator and head lamps and the stereo, other than that i dont have much experience in cars.
you think i should start playing with the cars wiring? i dont mind if it takes too much time as i have two other cars lying (my personal and company provided)

·
Resident Headbanger
2,433 Posts
there is a cable running under the exhaust manifold to the exhaust pipe
That could be going to one of the oxygen sensors.

do you guys think if i start removing wires will be able to connect them, or re wire it myself, or will it be a very difficult task for me?
I'd advise you to leave a job like that to a professional auto electrician. You could easily make things worse if you don't know what you're doing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts