Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 1155 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Grab it by where the cam enters the phaser.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

·
Hoosier Daddy
170 Posts
Do the cams you're installing require a phaser limiter kit?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
did you get the passenger side in yet
I had to go back into town with my girlfriend lol won't be starting on it till in the morning, but I'll have all my tools so for sure getting it in tomarrow, nothing else can possible go wrong that I won't be prepared for lol

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Do the cams you're installing require a phaser limiter kit?
Nope!

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
If yours turns out great and you can tell a good Hp kick then maybe I'll order a set and install em my self lol

·
Hoosier Daddy
170 Posts
It depends on what cams you go with. The hotrods don't but the Mutha Thumprs do.
OK. That's what i was referring to. Wasn't sure exactly what cams the OP was installing. Mine will be the Detroit Rockers from Brenspeed.

·
00blkvert
1,981 Posts
If yours turns out great and you can tell a good Hp kick then maybe I'll order a set and install em my self lol
You'll get a nice gain with your mods. I'm at 336/327 with a cai, cmpd, Lts, and o/r H.

OK. That's what i was referring to. Wasn't sure exactly what cams the OP was installing. Mine will be the Detroit Rockers from Brenspeed.
I'm not sure about the rockers but I'm pretty sure Brenspeed will let you know.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
I have a question, wouldn't it be easier to put the cam in the phaser with the cam caps off then set it in the bearings and put the cam caps on? Then you don't have to worry about spinning it with the caps on

·
00blkvert
1,981 Posts
I have a question, wouldn't it be easier to put the cam in the phaser with the cam caps off then set it in the bearings and put the cam caps on? Then you don't have to worry about spinning it with the caps on
What you asked is what I did. I'm not exactly sure why he can't? I slide the cam put the phaser bolt in finger tight then just worked the journals on 1 by 1 and just finger tightening them down until I couldn't then I TQed them and I was good.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
What you asked is what I did. I'm not exactly sure why he can't? I slide the cam put the phaser bolt in finger tight then just worked the journals on 1 by 1 and just finger tightening them down until I couldn't then I TQed them and I was good.
I Figure that'd be simplest way, sorry for your struggles fullmetal, hopefully the other side goes smoother

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Another question, if you're not removing the followers is it necessary to set the motor to tdc? Or can you swap the cams as the motor sits

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
yeah, man i did two hotrod installs within a couple months, i did the second set in about 4 hours. When i installed mine i took my time and also installed my delete plugs, good luck fullmetal

61 - 80 of 1155 Posts