1121 - 1140 of 1155 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,121

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Gap is the distance between the electrode (the thing that sparks) and that metal hoop around it. If the gap is too much the air coming into the cylinder will prevent it from sparking and youll get a misfire.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
can you gap these strap style plugs though?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
huh, never knew that...gee look, another special tool i need to buy just to change the dang crappy plugs....

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
i have the traditional style gappers (blades and the ring), was told these are pre gapped and you toss them in....im waiting to install mine when i do my cams, hopefully by month end.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,128
I'm just gunna replace that spark plug and see what happens lol

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,129
So my car has no radiator fluid in it, and I've left three spark plugs out of it. Apparently my dad fired it up today to let someone listen to it, did he completely **** it up or is it alright? lol

·
'Murica
4,545 Posts
So my car has no radiator fluid in it, and I've left three spark plugs out of it. Apparently my dad fired it up today to let someone listen to it, did he completely **** it up or is it alright? lol
...speechless.
Sorry but... :lmao

Agreed, but this thread makes me chuckle. OP I hope you can get this figured out but at this point I'd recommend you take it to a shop and let them fix it altogether.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,133
**** mannn, I was plannin on takin it to Jimmy's after I get the sparks back in. When I get everyhongn back in will I be able to drive it? **** my life lol

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,135
Yay, my car isn't dead yet lol

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Going straight to tuners tomarrow to get their opinion, then jimmys

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,137
Make sure the misfiring plug is gapped right and the compression isn't blowing the spark out.
So I guess, it runs in the family. :facepalm::facepalm:
Oh hell yeah lol my dad once took our expedition to the shop because it wouldn't start. Turns out the problem was that it had no fuel lol in no way is he dumb, but that definitely wasn't one of his prouder moments. Now you guys understand these geneotypical struggle I have to overcome haha

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,139
My cars actually running pretty damn spiffy now. Replaced that one spark, switched around the coils, replace the radiator fluid with some ford ****. I havnt really pushed it too hard, but it's running great now. And if I do say so myself, I have the SEXIEST sounding car I have ever heard :D:D:D:D damn I'm feelin good right now lol

1121 - 1140 of 1155 Posts