Modded Mustang Forums banner

1141 - 1155 of 1155 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,145
Haha kay, I'll be taking it over there soon. So far it's driving great tho. Been driving it for about an hour, no codes and no issues.

·
'Murica
4,545 Posts
Hang in there OP, you've made it this far. I've got to hand it to you for one thing, many people would have ditched this project/car long ago with this many problems. Every time you start her up and hear those lopey cams, you know it was worth it :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,148
wish me luck too, I'm throwing in cams, fuel pump, turbo kit, and injectors this weekend
You have my prayers haha sounds like your cars gunna be one badass locomotive after the weekend.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,151
When are you writing your memoirs of a cam install?
This could be a book deal or at least an interview on 20/20.
Oprahs been badgering me about it recently, she wanting to do a tv special trying to keep people away from installing their own cams. So I'll probably do that. It's gunna be titled "camshaft install. The struggle is real"

·
Drag Queen
985 Posts
lmao!! "It all started with a package a simple package... it was a clear day, his tools were ready... little did he know **** was about to get real..."

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,153
lmao!! "It all started with a package a simple package... it was a clear day, his tools were ready... little did he know **** was about to get real..."
Ahahahaha, that's so much better when you read it in Morgan Freeman's voice.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Starting my cam install today, would not be surprised if it took me a few days lol using two different write ups to hold my hand through this whole process. Will post videos when its done! Damn i hope i dont **** anything up lol these are the guides im using btw
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010/72812-nsr-cam-write-up.html
FRPP Hot Rod Cams

any quick tips before i begin? btw, whats the best way to remove a spark plug?
sorry for bringing this back up, but i am starting my cam install tomorrow, weather permitting....are the pics opening for the first link you posted? just asking because i am printing off directions and all i have are red x's :(. the second link pics showed up and i printed that one. i am attempting to do this without the spring compressor tool, seems that it can be done like that? anyone have a link to the instructions for doing it that way with pics? it could be that i am on my work computer and the pics are blocked...idk.

while reading the first link, it says to put the cam in the journals first, torque it down and THEN put the cam phaser on? this makes perfect sense to me, but i could have sworn i read that you need to put the cam phaser on first? installing the cam phaser after torquing down the cam journals would keep the cam flat, right? the other instructions say cam phaser first, which i would assume would cause the back of the cam to slightly raise up, or be pulled down in the front.

1141 - 1155 of 1155 Posts