Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am new to the this site and wondering if anyone can help me out. Since I was 12 I have dreamed of making a hot rod, when I was 16 I got a 1998 Mustang 3.8L V6. and I just came across two Ford 302 Motors. One of them is out of a Ford Wagon, the other was a marine motor. Block casting numbers are as follows D2OE-6015-AB 3A4 the other is D8VE-6015-A3A. I am wanting to do an engine build and swap. I am looking at making a 347 Stroker to get into my 98. Would either of these blocks work as a base block or should I find a newer a motor? I am willing to answer all questions and go into more detail for the build in my mind if that will help.

Thank You to all.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
as far as the castings I would check in the 5.0 section and ask them if there is any differences between them. As far as doing a build you can use one of those old blocks and start getting to work at it. do you have everything you need for the swap and is this your daily driver? Some will say against doing it while i will say that if youve got everything, are inclined, and not your daily driver then go for it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is not my daily driver, I am still trying to learn a few things so I can order the correct parts. I have the idea and measurements just not sure on brand names and pricing, and what to look for. But I have everything to do the swap, just need to build the motor.

·
Registered
118 Posts
nah i wouldnt bother with a 347. If i were you i would go with a 351w stroked to 410. My buddy has a brand new short block for sale. He has an identical one in his coupe and made 440hp to the wheels, pump gas and all motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts